• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The unthinkable finally happened...I bought a 2015 Les Paul.

AMS Limited Edition Traditional Classic

60's neck profile
Nickel hardware
Non-Wire ABR
Normal hand wired pots (no coil tap)
57 Classics
Rosewood board
Nitro gloss front, sides, and back
Brown case with pink interior

No funky wide fretboard profile
No funky nut
No holograms
No weird Les Paul logo

Yes, it has the G-Force tuners. Those will be on eBay by the end of the weekend.

All for $1999.00

Rayzaa

Nice! Looks good. I like the 57's.

Does anybody happen to know that Sam Ash has the exclusive 50's and 70's tribute , MIA Gibson SG's for $599? They have the dirty fingers pickups in them. Nothing fancy on the finish but if i were a Gibson guy, it would be hard to pass up but i wasnt that into to them.

Isnt that a good price? Dude said the store bought them all from Gibson and when they are gone, thy are gone. No more.

Dude, you might have pushed me over the edge. I've been eyeballng that model since it showed up at AMS a couple of weeks ago. The specs are great (minus the robot tuners). That is gorgeous!
If I had to take a guess I bet AMS asked for it without but as Gibson seems intent on pushing that tuning system, having it on there was probably a concession they were forced to accept. But I could be wrong. Just speculation.

Take away the tuners, the specs are exactly my taste. If I had to complain about anything it would be how they don't spray the burst in the top area where the treble/rhythm switch is anymore. But hey, for $1999 I can let it slide.

If Gibson put this guitar into regular run it would surely end many of the complaints that have been plaguing them. Of course people will always find something to complain about. But this covers a good handful. Classic specs. No monkey business. Fair price.

RedTiger

I'd be willing to bet that AMS could order tens of thousands of these, have them all sell out in no time flat, and Gibson would STILL not take the hint.

I wonder if the dealer gets to pick the name of the special run?

I'd love it if someone had a similar spec'd guitar and called it the "Les Paul Normal".
Hahahaha :)

Gibson. They buy them and put them back on new guitars. :D
I wonder too. The truth is SOMEBODY must like that because on threads there are always guys who say they have changed their lives in regards to stage tuning.

I'll say this...

I have tried them in the stores several times. A few didn't work at all and so I tried to tune manually, and anyone who has tried that with these knows how nonfunctional that is. I have tried some that just kept trying, and trying, and trying but would never lock it in tune and I'd have to at least tweak in the G or B string manually. I've had one just the other day that would not even get close. So much so that I just just put the guitar down. Even Guitar Center sales person rolled his eyes as if to say he had had it with them.

BUT...this one on this guitar actually tuned the guitar up, dead in tune out of the box. Not that it changes my mind about the unit over all. But at least I finally found one that does seem to work.

amstrtatnut

I tried the tuners in the store and they worked fine. I would like them for gigging.

Op, beautiful guitar. Pretty much the exact guitar I want.

Last edited:

Tony Bones

Sweet guitar. Wish it were mine. If it were, I would at least give the tuners a chance. I mean, they're already on there...

Matt L

Hahahaha :)

I wonder too. The truth is SOMEBODY must like that because on threads there are always guys who say they have changed their lives in regards to stage tuning.

I'll say this...

I have tried them in the stores several times. A few didn't work at all and so I tried to tune manually, and anyone who has tried that with these knows how nonfunctional that is. I have tried some that just kept trying, and trying, and trying but would never lock it in tune and I'd have to at least tweak in the G or B string manually. I've had one just the other day that would not even get close. So much so that I just just put the guitar down. Even Guitar Center sales person rolled his eyes as if to say he had had it with them.

BUT...this one on this guitar actually tuned the guitar up, dead in tune out of the box. Not that it changes my mind about the unit over all. But at least I finally found one that does seem to work.

The 2014 SG Standard I got recently was the same way....2-3 strings were always sharp or flat.

marktweedy

In Transit®
Not to derail the thread, but how big a deal is it to take the tuners off? Is it at all obvious that they have been removed?

Matt L

Not to derail the thread, but how big a deal is it to take the tuners off? Is it at all obvious that they have been removed?
Simple as can be. There aren't even any screw holes. You just loosen the nut on the front. The tuners come off seperately and the main unit is held on by the tuners.

Trending Topics