• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

the v pick killer?

Seegs

at almost $30 a pop the only thing it killed was my interest...I'll stick with my V-Picks...

Chow,
Seegs

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
I'm not familair with those, but a few years back Vintage Guitar had an article on picks. It was written by a Madonlin player that was looking for something better, cheaper, and more easily found than tortoise shell. I can't remember the name of the picks (was it Red Bear?) but they were like $30 or $35 a pop.

For a pro player that spends tens of thousands of dollars on his instruments and is looking for the ultimate in tone and feel, a $35 pick is not unreasonable.

shaneygoo

i like my diamond vpick but if i was rich i'd buy one of these...

if i was rich and famous i'd build a shrine room just for picks so when I'm on cribs I can be like, this here is the pick room... it smells of rich mahogany

rawkguitarist

No $30 dollars isn't horrible for a pic. I have a Red Bear in 2.75mm thick and it's a great pick ($30 too). After playing with V-Picks (still my favorite) for a while now and after realizing how amazing a good pick can be for both tone and my technique I'm always looking at different high end picks. The V-Pick Large Pointed is still the best for me...

I'm curious what the thickness is on this pick and if they'll ever do a tripoint. The extra thickness and hardness/smoothness of the material is what makes for a fast pick. It seems counterintuitive but it's true.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
A booth at last weekend's Spartanburg guitar show was selling something called Blue Chip guitar picks. I tried one, and I did like it. But when the seller quoted me $35 for ONE pick, I declined.

So, I guess $4 for one V-Pick isn't so unreasonable now, is it?

shaneygoo

omg i was wrong, the meteorite guitar picks are up to $250...

that has got to be the ultimate material though...

one thing on the vpick though, when i sweat it does slip out, i still need to drill a hole in the center i have to do that with all my picks to really grip it

i was thinking a concave center would be good... and as far as it sticking to your finger, the flat side sticks better than the side with the stamped logo, the bumps from the logo break the suction/cohesion effect...

Sizeofanocean

Wrong shape for me. V-picks rock for light pickers. I'll stick with Jazz III's:dude
Me too, Ultex Jazz III's are still the very best for me, but I'm dying to try V picks, I've got two on the way. And I wouldn't mind paying 30 euros for an amazing pick, as long as it lasts a while, my 10 euros horn pick is great but wears out so fast I'm reluctant to use it more.

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
I think the Blue Chip picks seen at the Spartanburg show were the ones that were featured in the Vintage Guitar article mentioned earlier.

John

JPF

They'll have to pry my V-pick from my cold dead gnarly arthritic hand.
:roll

marsos52

i bought a blue chip pick and i didnt like it. to explain the pick is well made.. i has quailty and the grip is good. tone was ok not a improvment i returned it fast

i will pay 30 big ones for a pick if its that good my picks and stone agate picks are great and the v-picks are a great value and product

ptbarnum

Who runs this company, P.T. Barnum?

I remember yesterday. A lot of things happened. We had a time change, I took my daughter to the park, did a little shopping... But I'm completely sure I wasn't born yesterday!
not me, i like v-pick screamers:phones

Trending Topics