The Valve Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bartmcartman, Feb 24, 2012.

1. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

2. GibsonLives

GibsonLives Supporting Member

I heard about The Bimbo a couple years back, and checked out some clips. The built-in attenuator seemed like a very nice feature to have, and I thought I dug the tones...until I learned that a lot of the videos at the time were using outboard drive, etc. The new clips may just use the amp with a guitar plugged in; I have no idea. The price was also cool, but I finally decided I couldn't live without spring reverb, so I moved on. Of course, needs as well as killer tones are highly subjective, so if you dig its sound - and you make sure that you're not also listening to some extra effects thrown in there - it might be worth checking out. Good luck.
    Steve

3. bartmcartman

I thought the clips of the 3100 were pretty amazing.

4. TTripp

TTripp Member

I had the Bimbo. One of, if not the, best raw Marshall in a small box tones available. They have a distributor in the U.S. now (Crowder's Music).

5. nickthenail

nickthenail Member

I was this close to pulling the trigger on a Bimbo...but I decided to stay with what I have.

6. Couloirman

Couloirman Member

I just picked one up off ebay so Ill let you know my thoughts when it arrives tomorrow. I didnt really even mean to win the auction. I put in the first bid assuming someone would beat me last second, but no, NAD for me! That makes 3 this month haha.

7. bartmcartman

Which amp did you win?

8. Couloirman

Couloirman Member

I got the Bimbo. Im actually going to sell it though. Not because I dont like it, but I got a smoking deal on a Fargen miniplex that covers these same sounds and more, with power scaling. The Bimbo is an awesome little amp though. If I had more room in my apartment Id keep it too but combo amps just arent my thing any more. This thing really does hit plexi tones at all volume levels. It really is an amazing little amp for the money.

9. kwaping

kwaping Guitar payer Silver Supporting Member

Dang, man! I'm guessing you're not married? :D I'm jealous!

10. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I had a 2/50, very nice amp. The OD was on par with the Landry I had at the time. Lots of options, great cleans.

I got mine at a blowout price. Not sure I would pay full retail, but they should be a great bargain used if you can find one.

11. compoundz

compoundz Member

Thought I'd revive this thread to get some more recent thoughts on the Bimbo. I've done some searches and there's still not a lot of info out there on these.
    Thinking about getting one from Crowders Music (unless someone wants to sell theirs : )
    The clips I've heard sound pretty good, but I just wanted to hear of experiences from actual users.

Let me know if you have the combo or the head.

Thanks.