The wait for my Frank Brothers Signature begins...

TimH

Supporting Member
Man I think I’m gonna have to go visit Frank Brothers shop when that’s an option. I’m only 2 hours down the road.

Mad Wombat

Very cool. I've been hearing a lot more about Frank Bros. lately. While the body shape isn't my thing, I also find it growing on me. One of my favourite pedal builders just got one and loves it.

Also, given the inlay and reference to east of T.O., I'm guessing you're working at Darlington? RP guy?

69thBobcat

So yeah....

I'm sure that some of you saw it on their social media already. We were planning to have this project wrapped in April, but I guess everyone knows that things changed for everyone with Covid. The wait just made me appreciate it more when it did arrive. I could probably write a book on all of the experiences, events and inner reflection that has happened over the past 3+ months and this moment will definitely be one of the biggest events of my life.

I threw a small social distanced gathering of friends and fellow musicians when it arrived for a bit of an unboxing ceremony. It's entirely cliche, but the pictures don't do it justice. This is such an amazing looking, playing and sounding guitar. I know that it won't be for everyone, but for me this one is perfect. With things still relatively tight, I haven't really gotten to use it in a band setting, or even on my main live rig yet. I have played it on a few different amps though as well as on a DAW setup and this things kicks some major ass. The Lollar DB pickups split surprisingly well, and I find you have range from twangy tele tones, all the way through to high output metal. The pickups are hot, but they're not like other high output pickups I've played. They are incredibly dynamic and responsive, without being 'too much'. It responds really well to the controls allowing you to dial it back into more PAF territory. The control layout with the splitting allows for an incredibly versatile machine that's going to keep me entertained for months as I figure out how to make the best use of all of it's range.

Overall, I'm super super happy with the end result and look forward to playing it for the rest of my life!!!

dougk

Silver Supporting Member
It looks absolutely amazing! Silverburst is one of those finishes that I can be polarized when I see it in pictures but in person I always love it. I can't imagine how good it looks now, how incredible it looks in person!

redragon

Silver Supporting Member
I love all of the design choices they've made. Really a stand out. It's nice to see a company trying to break out and do their own thing.

Sound clips next?

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
I hope you take this the right way, but every choice on this guitar wouldn't be my first choice. But I don't think I could design a guitar that impressed me more. It's just stunning. I know, from previous "reviews", that they play and sound great. I just think this isn't just a home run. It's a grand slam. Congrats.

jmelm

Silver Supporting Member
Super cool guitar, and great to see the Lollar DBs make an appearance. I just got a Tom Anderson Drop Top (with Mahogany body + neck) and the DBs and they are awesome pickups. Yes, they split really well, and offer good combinations with one split and the other full, etc. Also a good option is a series/parallel push-pull for just the neck pickup (sounds great on its own or with a split coil bridge). Lots of great sounds to be had with these pickups, and I’m sure especially so in that guitar!

jmelm

Silver Supporting Member
I hope you take this the right way, but every choice on this guitar wouldn't be my first choice. But I don't think I could design a guitar that impressed me more. It's just stunning. I know, from previous "reviews", that they play and sound great. I just think this isn't just a home run. It's a grand slam. Congrats.
I 100% agree. I haven’t been able to fall in love with these Frank Brothers guitars yet, but that is the coolest one I’ve seen and would probably at least be considering to buy it if I saw that guitar pop up in a store somewhere.