The Wampler Ecstasy.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

No knock just an opinion, I played one at a local shop yesterday through a Strat & a DRRI, & read the manual to adjust things as Brian suggests. I am in the minority here I know but...........Different strokes. I spose I wanted to be blown away & was not. Again, No flame wars please just my take on it.

2. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

+1
    Exactly the same experience for me. Cool pedal for sure but not what I expected or hoped for, even after an extensive research.

3. billboy73

billboy73 Member

Well, I got one on the way, that should be here tomorrow or Fri. I have read all the great reviews here and seen a bunch of the videos, and I like what I hear. I think the versatility is what really drew me in, but I will post more when I have a chance to sit down with it.

4. Badfrog

Badfrog Member

Knew it wasn't for me when I read that my amp needs to be cranked up for the pedal to be at it's best. I just don't crank my amps all that much.

5. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Had the same experience. Loved the clips I watched, heard glowing reviews, finally tried it out (Nash Strat and LP Standard through a Carr combo) and was like "hunh? Is this the same pedal?"

I'm starting to think I just don't care for the way Wampler pedals are voiced or something, because the only two I've tried, I really didn't enjoy.

6. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Maybe that's part of the issue with me. My amps are far from cranked, even live.

7. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

My amp was cranked and I didn't like it. I do like the Black '65 though. Nice pedal.

8. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

Have had mine a month now, killer pedal IMO.

9. jb1911

jb1911 Member

It's replaced all my dirt pedals except my SD. If I could only have one dirt pedal it would be an Ecstasy

10. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

*Ignores everyone except Madison and jb1911

11. cribcage

cribcage Member

I felt similarly about the Klon. Everybody says the same thing about it, that it's meant to complement an amp at a rolling boil, and that's not my style so the tool probably isn't for me.

12. cpricecpa

cpricecpa Member

Sounds like your expectations were a little too high. It's a nice pedal and I love it but at the end of the day it's still a pedal <-- yeah, I don't know what that means either.

13. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

Can't speak for the Ecstacy, but the Wampler Paisley reacts very differently depending on where your amp is set.

Amp set dead clean at bedroom volumes? It's good.

Amp set like Brad, cranked just to the point of getting that glass glowing, kick on the PD, and it's glorious.

I'm going to assume that the Ecstacy is the same way - especially if the manual says so.

14. Painasusual

Painasusual Member

I've wanted to try one for ages. It sounds so cool in the clips.

15. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Favorite pedal for me.

16. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Bearfoot Honey Bee is the Bomb!!

17. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I think that I did expect more. Hype is a hard row to hoe. It sounded good just, not any better than other pedals that I own. My Zen with My Paul to my ears just sounds better. That being said, I hear not too many good things about the Faux Tape Echo which I own but.......I love it!!

18. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Bee and Ecstasy are my absolute favorites.

19. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I have the Bee thanx to you!! It IS all that. The Ecstasy, I wanted to dig. I read the manual as to not set all the knobbies @ 12 etc. While it was very good, In all fairness...I did not have the DRRI in the store too loud. I have some pretty awesome drives though so..........I may just give her another shot for giggles.

20. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Yeah... but aren't you glad? You should be thanking me. :) lol, jk.