• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The way the solo kicks in at exactly 3:09 in Cherub Rock

placebo62

Yup.
Big fan here, and I have nothing against electronica, but both songs are crap.

As for the solo in Cherub Rock, sometimes his (once) awesome songwriting overshadows what a wicked guitar player he is.

Make no mistake, Corgan can cut your head off without breaking a sweat.
I’ve got nothing against a more pop / synth sounding direction. In fact some of the solo stuff from The Future Embrace was great. This new material just seems like more of the same from the last 10 years, which is repetitive lyrics and lacking melodies. Two of the aspects that made 90s pumpkins awesome.

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
I checked out after melon collie, but I went really hard on siamese dream when I started playing, learned every song and lately hearing him talk in interviews I'm less of a fan

there's a wonderful cover of Hummer by Fruit Bats - I didn't think Smashing Pumpkins was coverable - They have managed to catch every nuance of the song in a very stripped down way

Ilsenhab

Big fan of this record too, brings me back to that special time in rock. I'll throw in that short and sweet solo on Geek USA as a one of first solos I went for as a kid, gateway to the dazed and confused album solo too ;)

Trending Topics