1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Who Live at Leeds & Hull box set

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by jbd3, May 15, 2011.

1. jbd3

jbd3 Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear Silver Supporting Member

2. paulg

paulg Supporting Member

Yes, it will be awesome. One of the best rock albums ever. Ok, that said, it pisses me off that this is like the fifth (I lost count) deluxe reissue package. Every few years we get yet another "complete" "deluxe" "never before heard" yada yada package. Not just the Who, athough Townsend is a prime offender, the Stones and others are just as shameless. I blame myself, I'm a sap for this stuff and they know it!

3. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

I have the original vinyl album plus the re-issued CD from a few years back and thought it was the best Who live album of all time until I found a concert at the Sugarmegs site. The Who Live in Amsterdam 29-09-1969. Just a phenomonal concert and the very first time that The Who ever performed Tommy in its entirety. 2 hours of the finest rock ever recorded. If you are a Who fan you really should check it out.

4. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    :cry:

Can't they just figure it out and get the best most complete package ever, and then reissue it in pure gold or something? :mad:

5. sws1

sws1 Member

The double reissue is great. Although they clearly played with the sound alot. For example, there is a very prominant echo at the beginning of Magic Bus that was not there in the original release.

6. Timinator

Timinator Supporting Member

Is this it, I can't find a 29-9-69?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Amsterdam-...t=Music_CDs&hash=item3a65ee683d#ht_500wt_1099

7. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

8. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Looks to me like they are the same concert.

The best source of all Who non-official material is LongLiveRock.org, it's sanctioned by Pete.

http://www.longliverock.org/

why pay someone $40 when you can get it for free?

9. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

I will be checking all of this out shortly if it's legal!