The Who postpone shows

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by josephvman, May 6, 2015.

1. josephvman

josephvman Member

I just read that Roger's vocal chords have given it up and they have to postpone their next three shows. I saw the Houston show last week, and it took a few songs for Roger to get going, but I thought he was tremendous, as was the entire band. After the Won't Get Fooled Again "scream" I turned to my girlfriend and said I think Roger might be done, and was sadly right. I hope the break will let him heal up. Get well Roger!

2. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Supporting Member

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    Here's the quote on their FB page;

"It is with regret that the Who are postponing the next three shows of their The Who Hits 50! North American Tour based on doctors' advice that lead singer Roger Daltrey remain on vocal rest, due to swollen vocal cords, for the remainder of this week.
    The three shows affected are: Tuesday 5 May in Kansas City, MO at the Sprint Center, Thursday 7 May in St Louis, MO at the Scottrade Center and Saturday 9 May in Louisville, KY at the KFC Yum! Arena. The new show dates will be announced shortly and tickets for these shows will be honoured at the rescheduled dates. The Who Hits 50! Tour will resume next Monday 11 May at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN."

Hope he's ok. I've got tix for May 16th in Philly.