The wide world of patch cables

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SWSNick, Sep 3, 2008.

1. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

I've been using planet waves patch kit for my board and they work great and sound great but they are huge, I'm getting a couple more pedals and was thinking of some new patch cables, maybe some of Bill Lawrence's or something self-soldering of the same sort suggestions?

2. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

George L's are good. The new lava plugs look even smaller but i haven't tried them. I have some george l's on my board. Never had a problem.

3. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I love my Bill Lawrence cable & plugs. I think you'd be very happy with them. Been using them for a few years now, and they sound great, are stupidly easy to make, and they don't fail.

-Ben

4. hudpucker

hudpucker Supporting Member

Just got some Lava Cable solderless right angle pedalboard plugs. Very cool and perhaps even easier to make than the straight plug variety. A might pricey though.

Sound very clear to my ears.

5. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Bill Lawrence Cable & Connectors, love the sound, functionality, durability and most of all PRICE.

6. slambango

slambango Active Member

Radio Shack sells a nice 1 foot patch cord for less than $4!!

Could you tell the difference between that and George L's? ($75 for 10 ends and 10 feet) I'm not sure. But I'm not taking any chances.

I use George L's, just in case there's a difference.

7. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

+1 for the bill lawrence cables!

8. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

looks like a pretty standart cable, like those coloured ones you get for $1 each. $4 for just one? bit... overpriced. The difference between George L's... big.