• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The Xotic AC+ is a Righteous Pedal!

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
The Xotic AC+ is a fantastically designed pedal that also sounds great.

One channel can be used as either a clean boost or a lighter overdrive channel. It has a hard/soft clipping bottom so it's up to you how you want to use it. It also has three band EQ on that channel.

The other channel can be used as a very mild overdrive/clean-ish boost, or a thick overdrive. It has a "boost" button so you can configure it to your tastes.

Both channels have their own volume and gain settings so they aren't sharing either of these controls.

It gets better!

The two channels can be used independently of each other or together. Both are true-bypass and aren't reliant on the other to be engaged. A lot of overdrives only give you access to the boost channel if the first channel is on. Not so, for this one.

Then!

You can stack the channels together if you don't want to use them separately. Not only can you stack them, the pedal gives you the choice of the stacking order. You can choose A>B or B<A. You can use A to boost the volume of B, or you can use B to "goose" A for a thicker tone. There are tone of possibilities from a few simple buttons.

I'm amazed with this thing. I can easily see taking it into any situation with any amp and guitar and configuring it for great rhythm and lead tone. One small pedal with a bunch of possibilities.

I rarely post reviews, but I'm impressed with how much thought went into the design of this overdrive.

Oh yes, and it sounds amazing, too. :)

Jason Lynn

I was very impressed when stacking the 2 channels when I gave it a test run. I still say my only complaint is the number of options you have with just this one pedal. For someone who doesn't have many OD's this will be a great addition. For me...I just have too many pedals to deal with this one. I like instant gratification and this one made me have to "think" for a longer period of time. There are some really great tones in that pedal though....it just takes some time to find them all :BEER

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
I was very impressed when stacking the 2 channels when I gave it a test run. I still say my only complaint is the number of options you have with just this one pedal. For someone who doesn't have many OD's this will be a great addition. For me...I just have too many pedals to deal with this one. I like instant gratification and this one made me have to "think" for a longer period of time. There are some really great tones in that pedal though....it just takes some time to find them all :BEER
Haha, that's why I like it. I hate having more than one OD or booster on the floor. I look at it and think, "hmm...what do I need for this playing situation?" and I can get it quickly.

I think the Carl Martin AC Tone and Plexitone are the coolest format for an OD pedal, but their tones are very specific.

Jason Lynn

Haha, that's why I like it. I hate having more than one OD or booster on the floor. I look at it and think, "hmm...what do I need for this playing situation?" and I can get it quickly.

I think the Carl Martin AC Tone and Plexitone are the coolest format for an OD pedal, but their tones are very specific.
:dude

Top Bottom