The Zendrive2 needs some love, can you give it some?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Clifford-D, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

I know there are many great od's out there, I've owned only three.

1. The Bad Monkey by Digitech, an all analog od pedal.
    2. The Greenline by SPF, has a nice Sco like sound, sold it.
    3. The Zendrive2 by Hermida, an older one.
    The Zendrive2 is the bigger, fatter big brother to the original Zendrive.
    Where the voicing of the Zendrive alluded to Robben Ford's od chirp, the Zendrive2 seems to be voiced in a way that with a clean Fender the pedal will take right down to Texas ala SRV tone. The Zen2 can also get a great Robben tone although perhaps with a tinge less chirp and bit more umph.

Years ago I waited two years for this pedal, now I've owned it for years.
    Best od I've ever owned. They're going for $400 used on ebay, but I ain't selling it.

Have you ever played one? How does it stack up to your favorite od's?
    That means I'm fine if you like another one more, also what style of music is the od being used in? Metal, blues, country, etc,,, I'm not in need of competing, just friendly sharing and learning more about od's.
    Besides we all know the Zendrive2 is the best, right? lol, jes kidding.

Talk to me

2. stratpaulguy86

stratpaulguy86 Member

I wish that I still had mine. It was one of the finest over drives I've ever used, especially with Fender amps.

3. meowmers

meowmers Member

Don't have info about the Zendrive2 but i own the recent gold 'sig' version with slightly too much gain for my taste but the tone control is beautiful.

Kinda wanna sell it but it kinda does some magic to my tone, not sure if i'll regret it. I can't decide.

It's pretty unique

4. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

Mine ain't going nowhere. It's my main dirt. I've tried to knock it off with no success. Gone through a ton-o-dirt(GAS) and it still beats all. It's just so warm and chewy. If I lost mine, I would pay the $400. I like to play semi hard rock with lots of solos in my band. Although my Zen 2 is my low/mid gainer, pretty much my rhythm base tone, gain set at 8:00 with my humbucker. Stacks well with a Timmy to get into definitive mid gain territory.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015