There are five people in the world that know how to play Rock and Roll

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
by Led Zeppelin.

Led Zeppelin and me. Sheesh, is that arrangement really that difficult? Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever gets it right.

Reactions: C-4

335guy

For me, LZ was about 1st, the songs, then Page's guitar playing, Bohnam's drumming and Plant's vocal style. All of which are kind of unique and not easily duplicated. Sure, some Page's signature riffs, like "Whole Lotta Love", are pretty easy to play. But his solos have always confused me timing wise. I can understand the notes easily, but the phrasing is outa of sync with my internal clock. But I could say that about a number of guitar players I admire.

Not too many guys can nail Plant's singing style. Very unique IMO. And it would seem that tons of drummers should be able to get Bonham, except for that right foot that played those awesome beats. Only knew a few guys that could use their right foot that fast.

In the end, I think most musicians covering LZ only give their music a cursory effort, a half hearted, sorta like rendition.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not talking about the riffs. I'm talking about sometimes the first A is held for 4 bars and sometimes 8. Doesn't seem that difficult to me, but I've never actually met anybody that gets it right.

27sauce

It's usually wrong right off the bat, treating the song as if it starts on beat one.

335guy

I'm not talking about the riffs. I'm talking about sometimes the first A is held for 4 bars and sometimes 8. Doesn't seem that difficult to me, but I've never actually met anybody that gets it right.
What song are you referring to that no one gets right?

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
by Led Zeppelin.

Led Zeppelin and me. Sheesh, is that arrangement really that difficult? Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever gets it right.
Not worth learning the "right way" IMHO... who gives a ****?

Reactions: rsm

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
You all seem to be missing the point. Sometimes it's a 12 bar progression, others it's 16.

4inchjones

Not worth learning the "right way" IMHO... who gives a ****?
That's kinda my take on it too. It's a throwaway track that they basically just made up in the studio, and it's just a I-IV-V blues pattern. I don't think the bar patron on his 7th Coors Light is really listening to if the band starts on the 3 or how long the A chord is held.

Trending Topics