“There is no coaching or assistance. Please contact service dept.”

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I want to swap out this wonky potentiometer. It is cutting in and out. Anybody know where I can get a component that will work for this pedal?

Moniker

Guitarchitect
Silver Supporting Member
note the tolerance on these at 20%, meaning when you install the new one, odds are settings will be different.
Also if you are changing the settings on this pot often (and dont want to keep opening it up), you could get a full size 10k pot mount it externally and just run leads to the PCB where the current (broken) one is.

-=solewheelin

Intermittance? Probably an easy fix.
Why replace the part? The only thing that sounds like it's broken here is a solder joint.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Intermittance? Probably an easy fix.
Why replace the part? The only thing that sounds like it's broken here is a solder joint.
Well, he can touch up the solder joint and see if that's the case, but I'd put my $$ on the trimmer entering failure mode.

That style of component is really meant to be a calibration setting, not a frequently turned device. There's a little cheapo plastic shaft in the center of this thing that is good for 50 or so turns and after that you can expect it to get sloppy.. perhaps to the point where continuity is lost between the wiper and the resistive track. But I've seen them come apart as fast as 10 turns...that's (one reason) why, in the industry they are generally set to the proper cal-point then we'd put a dab of fingernail polish on it to (a)lock the two halves together (in cal) and (b)prevent fall-apart failure modes.

I've read some threads around here where people seem treat them like a chassis-mount pot.
That's the last thing they are.
Not saying that's what this OP is doing... but that's not the part I'd spec out if creating a design with a user-accessible, frequently turned control.

Trending Topics