There is no excuse NOT to own this awesome pedal

guitarburger

How do companies produce almost exact copies of original designs and then market them as their own? Is a patent to be ignored just because of one or two component values? Is that all it takes? School me because I don't know...

Just wondering how it all works with almost exact copies. Like tech 21 and joyo re: the Blonde and American Sound...
Just confounds me.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Id try one. Their fake tube overdrive actually has some useful settings and they're so cheap if they break they become reasonably priced novelty paper weights ;)

jswilliams

Yep. The only vibrato I've liked better is the chase bliss. Although the ones on the Boss ME series are pretty great also.

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
How do companies produce almost exact copies of original designs and then market them as their own? Is a patent to be ignored just because of one or two component values? Is that all it takes? School me because I don't know...

Just wondering how it all works with almost exact copies. Like tech 21 and joyo re: the Blonde and American Sound...
Just confounds me.
It's been discussed here frequently, but there's not a lot of legal protection in this arena as I understand it.

shoepedals

Vendor

Just confounds me.
There are pretty much no patents in the guitar pedal world. They are very expensive and typically don't get awarded if you apply for them because most of the electronics involved are considered pretty basic engineering applications.

Trending Topics