1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

There's a Tele in my Pacifica

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, Oct 21, 2005.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I recently aquired a new Yamaha Pacifica 612v. What amazes me is how the split Duncan JB humbucker sounds like a good tele bridga pu. At least it sounds like I would like it to sound.

I recorded this cheap and cheerful little ditty to see if it worked in reality and I'd say it did. It also does a rockier Tele quite nicely.

Five Gallon

I'm aware of the timing issues in this tune but I still hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Mats N

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

Sounds great Mats!

Little heavy on the compression but sure sounds like a Tele to me.

3. Normster

Normster Member

Pretty much captures my mood...It's FRIDAY!!! Woohoo! :D

Nice twang, Journo.:dude

4. fig

fig Member

Hi Mats -

I agree with Norm. I like the twang. :D

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Unburst, Normster and Fig,

Thanks for listening.

This guitar sure has a very large amount of twang. I've just been in the studio to do a little recording where the producer wanted something bluesy and poppy like on Bowie's Let's Dance. I used the Pacifica now upgraded with Duncan Staggered Vintage in neck and mid. The Pacifica is very bright so I rolled of the tone about 10% and I was there. Producer happy and booked new date -> I'm happy. I got paid -> wife's happy.

The 612v is very versatile too. Just finishing up a tune at home with heavy guitars through a couple of Rectifier sounds. Sounds good to me.

Cheers,

Mats N

6. ttrog2000

ttrog2000 Member

Mats,

Great choice songs to solo tele style over. The background is 'The World' off the new Brad Paisley album right?

7. journo

journo Member

Hi,

The answer is yes and no. I recorded the backing track myself in my home studio using virtual instruments for piano (no piano on "The World"), drums and bass. All the guitar tracks were recorded with the Pacifica 612v through my Boss GS-10.

But I admit to listening a lot to "The World" and borrowing the chord changes and a few of his licks. After having spoken to a lawyer about intellectual property I have learned that this is called making a pastiche and is perfectly legal.

Cheers,

Mats N