Thermionik 5 Demo Released

mikah912

Supporting Member
Can't endorse these enough. Kazrog/Shane McFee has done an amazing job delivering detailed upper-tier modeling to the plugin world. Lots of amp models that no other PC/Mac suite has done too. Great, great stuff.

kyolic

They constantly crash both in Wavelab 6 and Cubase 5. I have hundreds of other plugins installed here and none of them do that. They should beta test them more carefully before releasing a demo.

Kazrog

Can't endorse these enough. Kazrog/Shane McFee has done an amazing job delivering detailed upper-tier modeling to the plugin world. Lots of amp models that no other PC/Mac suite has done too. Great, great stuff.
Thanks!!!

They constantly crash both in Wavelab 6 and Cubase 5. I have hundreds of other plugins installed here and none of them do that. They should beta test them more carefully before releasing a demo.
Wavelab (prior to version 8) has issues with a lot of VSTs, and was notorious for this. Cubase 5 is ancient.

All plugins have been thoroughly tested in every major host, including multiple versions back. That said, I can't promise compatibility with odd combinations of old DAWs and new operating systems, for example. The fact that you haven't had issues with other VSTs may simply be a reflection of those VSTs being built to an older spec, and is sheer dumb luck.

FWIW, you're the second person to mention Cubase 5 to me in as many years.

Steinmetzify

Tried it out on some reamps, this is really good stuff. Gonna keep the demo around for a minute, and I'll probably end up buying at least one of the metal bundles if not the whole suite.

Thanks for posting the link!

football

Gold Supporting Member
I swear by the Recabinet "Big 2x12" preset. Been using it for years.

Looking forward to trying this.

kyolic

Thanks!!!

Wavelab (prior to version 8) has issues with a lot of VSTs, and was notorious for this. Cubase 5 is ancient.

All plugins have been thoroughly tested in every major host, including multiple versions back. That said, I can't promise compatibility with odd combinations of old DAWs and new operating systems, for example. The fact that you haven't had issues with other VSTs may simply be a reflection of those VSTs being built to an older spec, and is sheer dumb luck.

FWIW, you're the second person to mention Cubase 5 to me in as many years.
Amplitube 4
Revalver 4
Bias AMP
Overloud TH3
S-Gear 2
TSE X50 2.4

Above plugins works perfectly both with my ancient Cubase 5 and Wavelab 6. They do not cause a SINGLE problem. Not to mention other vst plugins which are not amp simulations, including waves, slate digital, etc.

You'd better check your codes mate. ;)

BTW your simulations sound pretty good within the period they operate well before crashing, I have to tell that.

gbtommasi

I just downloaded Thermionik yesterday, buying he plexi and blackface amp and so getting the demo of all the others too... The only thing I can say is that I am literally blown away. I never considered recabinet because some years ago I tried a demo and it did not impress me, nevertheless amps are just incredible, and probably I should reconsider the cabinet emulation also, when they release the new version.

I played around with JCM800, Plexi and Friedman models in mainstage, using Rosen Digital V30 and greenback IRs, and honestly, to me it really catched every single bit of those amps (Plexi and JCM 800 at least, which I know very well in their original HW versions, yet the friedman also was astonishing).

I have been playing live a few dates with S-gear and Bias (in mainstage), and everything have been quite smooth and trouble-less. I have some others to come this spring. Now the question is: this thing is amazing and I would love to give it a try on a stage. Is this release robust enough to be used live? Opionions and a word from Shane would be welcome

Kazrog

Thanks for the kind words! Thermionik 5.0.3 is stable and battle tested, and should work great in a live setting.

PS - the demo downloads are back online. Got the bandwidth issues sorted out; really happy to have these back up!

Trending Topics