TheSooze's 4th Annual NAMM Show Picture Round-Up (2015)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by thesooze, Jan 23, 2015.

1. thesooze

thesooze Member

HEY everybody! Had a fantastic day @ NAMM 2015 today. Now onto the pictures!

Me on the right, my buddy Thom on the left.

[​IMG]

Orange made this awesome board that plays the notes on the staff as you write them-- to teach music theory. Really freaking cool.

[​IMG]

The famous Orange wall.

[​IMG]

Cool Danelectros.

[​IMG]

One of the highlights of the show for me: got to play the entire line of Magnatone Amps. Loved the ways these sounded, especially the ones that panned the vibrato effect into stereo speakers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped by Keeley for a bit, always neat to see what they've got going on, including grilling up some pedal steaks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. thesooze

thesooze Member

Love the Earthquaker Devices. Cool to play/hear their new pedals - Afterneath, Park Fuzz, Fuzz Master General, and smaller Sea Machine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T-REX had some cool stuff this year, two of which were delays. I like this little tiny delay with stereo ins/outs, tap tempo and subdivisions. They also had a large delay pedal with actual tape running around inside-- imagine that! Retails at $699, I was told. Not demo-ing it quite yet, just showing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headed by Ultimate Ears, my in-ears of choice, to see what was jivin'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. thesooze

thesooze Member

Next was ZVEX, where they had a cool new Wooly Mammoth 7, with what they called a "marshall tone stack," which seemed like Bass Mid Treble. Other thing cool thing was TWO distinct volume levels on the fuzz, which they said was hard to do without just getting gainier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wampler had some new goodies for us this year- got to play these and they all sounded great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super, super impressed with Walrus at the show. Their new pedals sound great, especially the analog delay with tap tempo: the Bellwether. This thing is absolutely killer. My whole crew I was with agreed one of the best-in-show pedals for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These Joyos are so small, it's insane.

[​IMG]

4. thesooze

thesooze Member

Not totally my jam, but these things looked pretty gnarly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MojoHand had some nice new items: favorites were the Odessa and the Extra Special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were just plain cool looking!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then off to the JHS booth, usually a favorite of mine. Josh was super friendly and talked us through a few of his new pedals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was great to finally see Strymon at NAMM. I got to play their entire lineup in one sitting, which was fun. The Deco was neat - and was reminded of the greatness of the Brigadier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. thesooze

thesooze Member

Catalinbread was busy all day- which was good for them and bad for me... couldn't get a chance to play them myself, but from what I heard, all their new stuff sounded killer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rockett Booth had some great offerings as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I enjoyed playing through some of the newer VFE stuff as well. I've like their dirt pedals in the past, and got to hear some new ones, like the Blues King and Focus.

[​IMG]

Probably the best sounding/feeling guitars of the show for me were K-Line's. Just love these instruments, and Chris is a fantastic dude, to boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thesooze

thesooze Member

Mr. Black had some nice boxes to try as well. Favorite was the Thunderclaw- this thing is angry and nasty! The Downward Spiral was fun to play with, and the Ambience was a cool sounding two-in-one reverb/delay.

[​IMG]

Got to meet the people at Red Panda: amazing, kind, and warm! Outstanding pedals for the out-there sounds.

[​IMG]

Big Ear pedals looking / sounding awesome.

[​IMG]

Matchless! Just because I love mine and they always have such a sharp booth.

[​IMG]

Some killer Trussarts.

[​IMG]

7. thesooze

thesooze Member

Unfortunately didn't have time to stick around EHX to hear demos, but snagged a look at a few newbies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really liked these Baritone Reverend guitars. Easy to play, sounded nice and rich, and could add a lot to a stable of standard tuned guitars. Tempting!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Eventide H9-H9-H9 madness.

[​IMG]

Couldn't get near the Moog booth with all the craziness over there. Not sure what these guys are, but they were rocking!

[​IMG]

Some new Aguilar stuff, for the bass-players among us.

[​IMG]

Morgan Amps was another newbie to NAMM, and it's about time! Got one of Joe's amps, and they're great sounding/looking pieces. He was pretty busy as well, but loved checking them all out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bogner is always a blast to check out, and Mr. Bogner did not disappoint with his crazy get-up. One of the most laughable/awesome things in NAMM was the use of the Hall of Fame as a reverb tank affixed to the back of an amp. Genius!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both of TC's new pedals are really not my cup of tea, but here they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

Always enjoying these threads, and hoping to see my friends at Crazy Tube Circuits booth.
    Thanks for doing this, the valcoder looks interestin (waiting for clips) and the top K-Line looks like a Baker, is it bolt on?

9. thesooze

thesooze Member

Beautifully well made and ever unique Fano guitars!

[​IMG]

The new pedal trains were out and looked cool, but they didn't have a huge setup at their location and I didn't get to see any new hard cases or other boards other than these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Line 6 has a Firehawk FX board that I played with a bit. Interfaces with an iPad to change sounds. A bit complicated for my taste, but very versatile for musicians needing lots of sounds quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nearing the end of the day, headed up to Fender and caught some of their timeless pieces. Folky stuff was cool, as was the Baritone Jazz Squier they had out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. thesooze

thesooze Member

Another highlight was the Gibson booth. Laid out extremely professional and stylish. Great guitars and everything was super high quality, I felt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new Boss stuff seemed cool, but didn't get to play, just see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some DigiTechy things!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahhhhh the McPherson. Plays so, so good, but they're not free I'll tell you that much!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. thesooze

thesooze Member

Since I'm bearded, thought this was extra cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved this thing!! Mini bass from Gold Tone with rubber strings, plus fretless! Might buy one just for kicks.

[​IMG]

Silvertone Magic.

[​IMG]

12. Matt Gnarly

Matt Gnarly Member

Great coverage! I tried one of those Goldtone Mini Bass things the other day, it was fantastic. Sounds almost like an upright bass when plugged in.

13. thesooze

thesooze Member

Diamond pedals!! These guys are super super friendly, and the real deal. Love hanging at their booth every year. The new compact Comp Jr. is gonna be a hit. I also really loved the Counter Point Delay: Mode 1 normal 1/4 notes, Mode 2 dotted 8ths + light 1/4 notes, Mode 3 reverb/multitap sounds, Mode 4 a super faux tape mode that was outstanding. Might need one of these in my life soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temple boards were really nice- but hard to take on Pedaltrain head on. Really light, which was cool, and I dig the design/colors/handles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the jam on the new Source Audio stuff and it was decent, although a bit cheap sounding. Great concept and layout - I prefer it to their previous dual pedal layout they had.

[​IMG]

14. Hack Prophet

Hack Prophet vile mighty wretched Silver Supporting Member

ummm sweet thread thanks man

15. fakeox

fakeox Member

Great stuff! Thanks.

16. dealmaker

dealmaker Member

Brilliant! Thanks!!:banana

17. Daka3

Daka3 Member

Yeah! Thanks!

18. MattAnt

MattAnt Supporting Member

I've been waiting for this! Was beginning to wonder if we weren't going to get a sooze thread this year. Thanks for living out all our NAMM dreams for us.

19. violentlymickey

violentlymickey Member

Awesome stuff man. That Diamond Comp Jr. looks just like a photoshop mockup I did similar to it a while ago haha. Shrinking their most popular (?) pedal is a no-brainer.

20. Defendant

Defendant Member

Great thread!

So excited by the small diamond comp.

By any chance did you see any new pedal action at Bogner?