1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

thestompbox.net - a new site to try

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kewlpack, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

Hi guys!

I'm usually just a lurker around here - but finally had some worthwhile news...

So here's a note to let you know that I finally collected enough "starter" content to make the push. I've been working on it for some time now. I rolled out the new website Saturday and will be putting a lot of effort into it.

Right off the bat - if anyone has suggestions for content, links, reviews, etc - feel free to send them my way (I can get you the Submission Guideline via email). If it's an article or similar, I'll give you full credit and linkage.

Anyway - please drop by, take a look around - there are some REAL content items there. Let me know if you find any bugs or whatever.

www.thestompbox.net

Whew - now the real work begins! Gotta love our FX!!! Check it out - feedback is always welcome.

2. Franklin

Franklin Member

Nice looking site Kewlpack.

Seeing the Christian links turned me off. I don't know exactly why. I am a Christian, but it remindes me of people who force their religion down your throat.

Just being honest! :)

3. skiraly017

skiraly017 Guest

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but I don't think I want to know about them while reading effects posts.

4. granite

granite Member

1st NICE looking site.

2nd...I have to agree with the others regarding the religious links. If it was just Christian music resources, I could see it being there, but some people will definitely be turned off by it. You're either a stompbox review site or a faith based site. One or the other, but not both. Keep the Christian music links, but nix the religious teaching links. You'll get a better response that way.

3rd I like the idea of having a one stop shop for effects reviews, articles, etc...Your site has a lot of promise. Good job overall.

5. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hear you on the Christian content. I have no problem adjusting things based on feedback. The primary idea of that section was Christian-related Music & Ministry stuff. I haven't really gone through the process of planning out that particular area.

At this point, that content is actually covered in the Links area anyway, so it is redundant to have the page.

I want to be vocal with my faith (of course), but not oppressive in any way. I'm sure I can find a nice balance.

Good feedback - thanks for being kind about it too! :dude

6. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

I reworked the Christian related content... That should work for awhile. :)

Thanks again for the suggestions. :D

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

Just a thought, but it being called the Stompbox, It seemed that it was mostly about modelers Pod patches and stuff and not much about what most people think of as 'stomp boxes', pedals.................... yes you do stomp on floor modelers but,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway that was my initial reaction.....:cool:

8. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

DonneR you have a PM & email

9. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

thanks c/k I always forget to check them..........

I also just realized that you can have email notification when you get a PM...... thanks again

10. threm

threm Member

Kewlpack,
    Lynn Fuston is a Christian, a wellkown audio engineer, mixer etc and hosts a very well respected recording forum on his site.

The site itself isn`t preachy at all but Lynn is not afraid of sharing his opinions on the forum. But only now and then.
    Being the genuine great guy people know him to be and doing the job he does is his sermon.

http://www.3daudioinc.com/3db/
    http://www.3daudioinc.com/

Another one is Phil O`Keefe, moderator of the new recording forum on Harmony (previous on Expert forum). About the same style as Lynn. They don`t hide and people who get to know them will also get to know their life values.
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=57

Many ways of being a Christian in this world. Just my 2 cent.

11. threm

threm Member

Btw. Not too many "christian" pedals out there. ;)

[​IMG]

12. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

Thanks for the new links! I gotta get me that Pedal! LOL...

I'm publishing a tweaked version of the site again - to be more non-IE friendly (particularly the main menu)...

Next - to add more links to the database! Wheeee.

Just added Phil's and Lynn's sites to the Links area - thanks!

13. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

Nice site! The chrsitian stuff didn't bother me,
    I ran when I saw Pod and modeling stuff! :D

Gril <><
    ;)

14. threm

threm Member

15. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

16. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Yah me too.

You could call it worship related or something...

17. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

LOL.

Part of doing a project like this is having to cover many bases... for better or worse. ;)

18. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

... for richer or poorer:D

19. Kewlpack

Kewlpack Member

I've made LOTS of updates to flesh out all of the areas as well as adding new articles, patches (for modelers), and a large Links page.

Please drop by and see what's new. :)

20. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

I think you still have the basic disconnect between the 'Stompbox' name and the 'Modeler' content

but the site looks nice, good luck....