Thick Pick Users

I normally use ultex or tortex 1.14mm on my electrics and tortex 0.88 on my acoustic guitar. Anyone used the stubby by dunlop? Specifically the 2.00 triangle?

This badboy:

I ordered some, just looking to see if anyone has any feedback

ShredTheGnar

I use the stubby that is the normal pick shape. It is absolutely my favorite pick. Randomly found one sitting around a few years ago, and the first time I heard the little harmonic it creates on the string I was super duper sold.

I use the stubby that is the normal pick shape. It is absolutely my favorite pick. Randomly found one sitting around a few years ago, and the first time I heard the little harmonic it creates on the string I was super duper sold.
Thats a good report back. I was afraid itd be a lot darker than my other go to's

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
I have a standard shaped 2.0 stubby I grabbed out of a case years back, I like using it on the rounded end when playing spacey ambient things to get the pluck of a finger but the volume of a pick.

I've been using 2.0 picks for 8 years now without any intentions to go smaller.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
1.5mm Gravity is my choice.
You can get thin pick sounds from light grip on a thick pick, but no matter what you do, you can not get the power of a thick pick from a thin one.
The Gravity masterfinish edge and super light weight acrylic is the best of all situations for me. Pricey, but worth it.

Matt L

.90 Ultex Sharp is my pick of destiny, but I have a bunch of those 2.0 Stubbys. If I'm doing strictly shreddy stuff, I love them.

Hack Prophet

vile mighty wretched
The little dunlop stubby 3.0mm is a very very good sounding pick for picking out single note lines/leads. It is also very fast. To my ears, however, it sounds lousy when strumming big 5 or 6 string chords. Used it for many years until I started a band as the only guitar player and I needed a middle ground do-all pick for both rhythm and leads

Headshok

I use very thick Dragon Heart picks. Can't use the thin ones at all now. They are super fast and precise. Rotate to the round edge for strumming.

TCMx3

liking the Dunlop Primetone Triangle 1.4 these days.
I like the 1.3s, in the brown variety. Best pick I've come across so far.

Been through a lot. The challenge with 2mil picks is that they are very hard to stash in between your fingers if you want to quickly get your fingers involved without resorting to hybrid picking (which I do too, but sometimes I want all fingers).

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Platinum Supporting Member
I use tri-cornered picks as well, love that they are always ready to go. My favorites are clear red V-picks 2.75mm. The similar gravity picks are nice too but more money.

olgluefoot

Gold Supporting Member
I used to use the traditional 3mm stubby a few years ago. But now I have really taken a liking to Dunlop Primetone 3mm and Dragonheart picks.

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
I used to use regular-shaped Big Stubbys. A few years ago I discovered Gravity and V-Picks, trying several different models along the way, and ended up staying with V-Picks Pearly Gates Screamers. There is something special about the feel of the acrylic mixture of V-Picks, especially the Pearly Gates finish.

big jilm

1.5mm Gravity is my choice.
You can get thin pick sounds from light grip on a thick pick, but no matter what you do, you can not get the power of a thick pick from a thin one.
The Gravity masterfinish edge and super light weight acrylic is the best of all situations for me. Pricey, but worth it.
Exactly what I use. Great picks!

Braunzo

I used the triangle 3.0mm Stubbies when I was in school for guitar and couldn't tear my nails up. I've since went to Ultex 1.14 because they fit in my mic stand holder.

Trending Topics