Thimble Slide

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by NHBluesMan, Nov 8, 2012.

1. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

seems like a relatively new product, but i figure if someone has tried it, they'd probably be on here, haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsLRFTr_a8

Has anyone been able to try out one of these? I love using a slide live, but i'm very limited by putting it on/taking it off mid-song, which this seems to fix... i also don't like my current slide because it's hard to control (i only use my slide for 3 strings at a time, max).

Not a huge fan of the look, but i'd be willing to wait to see what other designs they come out with.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

That seems awesome imo. Personally I've always wanted to learn to play slide, but I have trouble with keeping it from hitting other strings when I only want to play certain ones, and I make a bunch of unwanted noise. I've actually been looking for something like this...a really short slide that could fit on the end of my finger.

I wonder if they have one in glass, because I don't like brass, or other metal slides that much.

3. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

I prefer glass, but this is an interesting concept. Looking forward to hearing more.

4. omfg51

omfg51 Member

As soon as he said his name was "Cole Coleman" I couldn't take him seriously at all. Then he started talking...... I couldn't help it, I had to laugh :D

5. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

Definitely, I think I'll be getting one regardless at some point, but it'd be cooler as glass! lol

6. kwaping

kwaping Guitar payer Silver Supporting Member

Looks awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

7. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Yes, that is a great idea! Not my cup of tea as far as what he was playing, but what an awesome idea. The video looked like he was trying to sell it to some big company, not musicians.

8. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Looks like he's a Saints fan. Despite that, I'm still interested in trying it. I wonder how careful you have to be bending strings with the ring finger-seems like it might be close to digging into the fretboard if you're not careful. The rest of the fingerings look like they'd work with no trouble.

9. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

i prefer glass slides as well, but for ease of use and convenience sake, i might grab one of these. They're about $22 with shipping from their website

thimbleslides.com

10. Improviser

Improviser Member

Link corrected.