Things that drive you bonkers in gear videos...

I'll hit some easy ones first:

Camera audio. I want to hear the recorded sound BY ITSELF. Not your pick hitting the strings.

Talking between setting changes. If you are smart enough to record direct, you are smart enough to loop a dry signal it through the gear and change it while it plays back. Close your yapper, and lets hear the gear!

And of course, 10 minutes of talking followed by 45 seconds of playing.

Zingeroo

I'm with you. Most of the 10 minutes yapping about "features," like a treble, mid and bass knobs, controls, etc. oh, WOW. I didn't know amps came with THOSE. If I'm really interested in a piece of gear I'll look up specs on the manufacturers website. Meanwhile just shut up yer pie hole and play the guitar.

jape

I'm pretty sure the 'correct' answer to this question is => guitar out of tune!

loudboy

Phil X.

Look, we know you're getting paid to sell stuff - dial it back a notch, OK?

Baba

Supporting Member
a 80/20 mix of noodling vs chord playing.

most of us spend most of our time playing rhythm, showing me 5 minutes of lead playing and nothing else, doesn't tell me a whole lot about what the gear will sound like during a song.

Mudder

I dislike a bunch of noodling. I want to hear some big open chords. Too much talking.

scottywompas

OK so everyone here who posted their complaints is gonna put their money where their mouth is right?

Post up some of your own gear videos otherwise just appreciate the ones you like and move past the ones you don't. It's not like your paying to see these.

Scott

stratotastic

OK so everyone here who posted their complaints is gonna put their money where their mouth is right?

Post up some of your own gear videos otherwise just appreciate the ones you like and move past the ones you don't. It's not like your paying to see these.

Scott
:facepalm

tapehead

1) Yakkity-yak

2) When 1 knob or switch is ignored throughout the entire video.

3) People who post "look at me and my toys!" videos under the guise of gear demos

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I'm pretty sure the 'correct' answer to this question is => guitar out of tune!

I think most guitars are in tune, but the players are often playing out of tune.

Nails, chalkboard.

flopman

The best videos I have seen all do a few things differently. A good, not so overdriven clean sound--there are to many videos with either a distorted camera mic or an overdriven amp. NO talking, text over the video. Using amps and guitars that everybody knows.