Things to do list (house)can get a bit overwhelming.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Johnny Moondog, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Johnny Moondog

Johnny Moondog Member

Spring is nearly here (if you don't mind still having frost on the car in the morning and 2 feet of snow in parts of the backyard).

The list of things to do around the house has been growing since last fall.

It's getting pretty long, and more gets added to it all the time.
    Some of it is cosmetic, some of it is more important, a lot of it is overdue.

I only have weekends, and a few days off in July.

We don't have much money - so I have to do the work myself, and be as cheap/creative as possible.

Anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed by the household "to do" list ?

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Not anymore, sold my house after a divorce. I will be hard pressed to own a home ever again. I know it's supposed to be the American dream, I think it's really the American nightmare.

3. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

I usually just let everything go unless it's causing damage, like a leak. Works pretty well for me. :eek:

4. Mutley

Mutley Supporting Member

Yes, although snow isn't an issue here in GA, the rain is. I use a mower that I walk behind and my grass (weeds) has been so wet each day I might need to use a scythe to do it. I became disabled due to spinal surgery not done on time & the physical stuff can be daunting. I had steps (5) and no railing I replaced with solid wood steps with strong railing last year. Where it would have taken me a day (moving the old concrete steps included) it took me four days. I have tested them, they have saved my ass more than once, but 4 days!? It's raining again today. It's too wet to put the grass seed down, it'll just wash away to the lowest point in the yard. Sheesh, enough of my bitching. Sorry.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  5. Tahitijack

Tahitijack Member

I try to set priorities and work one item at a time. The best advice is to set a date and time for each project. Gather what you need well before that date. Commit to it, don't let anything shift you away, except for a gig. Good luck.

6. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Gotta know what to DIY, and what to hire out.

My list looks pretty long, and I'm working and in school. Eating the elephant one bite at a time.