Thinking about a new delay pedal. . . school me

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TGwaH, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TGwaH

TGwaH Member

I've been playing around with a used DanEcho pedal that I picked up a few years ago, but lately I've been wanting something . . . more. Something more organic and warm sounding.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to recommend me some killer delay pedals in the sub $200 range. Sub $150 would be even better.

Thanks.

2. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

I just got a Tech 21 Boost DLA that's very cool. Look into that one for sure. Pretty analog/tape sounding, and the boost is great for solos. These go for around $150.00

3. hawaii5_o

hawaii5_o Member

I've had a few, the best one I played for under $200 was the Freakshow Digilog Delay. I got it for around $170 on the emporium and it sounds awesome. Very "analog" sounding with nice decay. Great features and versatility.

*edit*
    I have a Digilog on the emporium. I recently bought a Timefactor so gotta sell a few things to pay for it.

4. Tramp

Tramp Gold Supporting Member

AnalogMan ARDL20. $145 for the short delay version, $195 for the long. Truly a great analog delay, though you need to keep checking back on Mike's site. http://www.analogman.com/delay.htm

5. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Sounds like the MXR Carbon Copy is exactly what you're looking for.

6. TGwaH

TGwaH Member

That's the one that I was toying with getting, if only from reviews and advertisements as I've yet to play one. But with so many different delays out there, I thought I'd seek out a 2nd opinion or 10 just to see what I'm missing.

7. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I recently bought the TC Electronics Nova, and really like it. At $250 a bit above your range, though I think a used one would squeeze under. I tried a number of different ones, but I need tap tempo.

Happy hunting.

8. TX6Strings

TX6Strings Member

The Boss DD-7 is getting good reviews and running for $160 at your local GC

9. lv

lv Supporting Member

Tech 21 and Carbon Copy are both great, really nice sounds. A bit noisy, but you have to spend a lot more to get something dead quiet.

10. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

you can pick up a DD20 used for less than $150, also the classic DD5 used for less than that. Almost anything would be an upgrade to the danelectro.

11. TGwaH

TGwaH Member

Now that hadn't crossed my mind. The DD20 certainly looks intriguing. And, if I'm reading this website correctly, I could use it for a looper as well so that I wouldn't need to spend money on a TonePort, which I wanted mainly to play along with myself. Hmm.

However, I must know, where would one find a DD20 for less than $150? I'm looking at completed eBay auctions, and they are all showing as BIN's in the $180 plus range.

12. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

The DD-7 has twice the loop time and sounds better IMO- ditched my DD20 for it and couldn't be happier.

13. TGwaH

TGwaH Member

Ack, nevermind. I never thought to check the Emporium:jo

14. mprvise

mprvise Member

I'll second that - bought one a little over an hour ago and just got done with the trial run - we have a winner! :AOK:AOK