Thinking about replacing my Fuzz Factory...

tommygunn1986

Lemme start by explaining what I use it for. I crank the drive on it, switch to my neck pickup, and roll the tone off to create a "computery" type sound. Like "12:51" by The Strokes, etc. Also, I only use single coil equipped guitars.

Can another fuzz pedal get me there without all the extra crazy features? I'm just not using them.

TEPR

I don't know what it means, but I'm totally going to use the term "computery" in future!!

p.j.

The old Zoom Ultra Fuzz can do a lot of the Zvex sounds but is a lot more controllable. Might be worth checking out if you can get a hold of one.

S. S. Bender

Can another fuzz pedal get me there without all the extra crazy features? I'm just not using them.
I understand where you're coming from but would advise you to keep the Fuzz Factory, as you might have a need in the future for its other capabilities. Even though I don't own one, and it's a somewhat touchy setting to dial in, I love that amp-about-to-melt-down-and-catch-fire thing it can do...

The Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe covers a lot of ground along the range of its bias knob. It does light OD to heavy fuzz and also gets to the velcro-y spitty stuff, but is one of the absolute quietest operating pedals I've ever owned. It rules.

danbond

Big Muff Tone Wicker with the tone bypassed gets brighter, louder, glitchier and more awesome. I think it could do that computery/synthy thing fine, but you'd need some volume to really nail it I think.

Why get another pedal if the one you have does what you need? You could easily comission someone to make you a FF with your settings "fixed" internally if you don't want the controls changeable.

tommygunn1986

Big Muff Tone Wicker with the tone bypassed gets brighter, louder, glitchier and more awesome. I think it could do that computery/synthy thing fine, but you'd need some volume to really nail it I think.

Why get another pedal if the one you have does what you need? You could easily comission someone to make you a FF with your settings "fixed" internally if you don't want the controls changeable.
Its touchy and hard to get dialed in. Once it is, it sounds great. I guess I'm just saying it would be easier on me (with a germanium fuzz) to have less knobs so its less stuff to physically have to dial in.

Trending Topics