Thinking about selling my last S style guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gasp100, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

I know, weird right? I always have liked strats and I've used one most of my life. I have my partscaster strat in the emporium right now and I'm debating putting my mint G&L Legacy up there too. It would be stupid if I was a strat guy, but I find myself ALWAYS reaching for my G&L Tele first. I also have a Fender Tele loaded on the way which might come together nicely as well.
    Can man live without the strat? I'm worried because this might just be a phase induced by TGP (in particular, the amp section/emporium). Nothing feels as good or sounds as good to my ears/style as my Tele (right now at least) and I don't even play Tele-esque type sounds or tones.

2. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

I keep buying strats when I haven't had one for a while and find out why I don't have them :)
    Sell it and buy yourself another Tele or LP!

3. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I always need my Strat at some point. They can do so many things just by changing the pickups. If it was me, I'd keep at least one.

4. IIIBOOMERIII

IIIBOOMERIII Member

You may not know it now but, you will regret it.

5. pjwill

pjwill Silver Supporting Member

I am in the same boat....I am Stratless now, and looking to find the right one. Everytime I get one, I keep it for 6 months and sell/trade it for another Tele that I have to have.:jo

6. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Silver Supporting Member

A Strat always has its place, you wont be able to get that sound with any of your other guitars. Keep it.

7. eric-d

eric-d Member

+1 - it's nice to have those Strat tones when needed. You'll be in the market again for one soon if you let it go.

8. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

There will probably come a time when you will be looking for that particular tone or feel. I'd keep at least one hanging around.

9. Rocktrans formed

Rocktrans formed Member

Ditch Strat, buy Jazzmaster.

10. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

This must be just a "TGP phase" ;^) Seriously though, you will miss your Strat when it is gone, especially if you have ever bonded with it. Just your posting this on the board tells me your having doubts about getting rid of your Strats. Your doubts today will haunt you tomorrow so just hang in there and hang onto your Strats (at least one of them!).
    Best Regards!