Thinking of getting rid of some of my amps?

Hefalump

Old back injury flared up again, and it has me thinking of getting rid of most of my half stacks, just because I am realizing I simply cannot risk carrying these things up and down my stairs anymore.

I will keep my Mark V and 68 Fender Custom Reverb combos.

I have a few Marshalls, 2203, 2204, 2555x jubilee, 2466 vintage modern, jcm 2000 dsl silver edition.

I have a dv mark neo 4x 12 cab that is 47lbs, so i can keep that no issue.

I was thinking of selling some of these amps and buy a nice small head from suhr, friedman, prs, ?

What is an absolute killer small head that could help me forget the pain of selling some my Marshalls?

Out of the Marshalls: I think I would keep the Silver jubilee????????

aynirar27

Notable Member
Gold Supporting Member
I saw the thread title and thought about your vintage modern

Gemini2

Yeah lower back pain is not fun! I have two Marshall 4x12 cabs still around. One is an original ‘78 checkerboard (blackbacks) and the other a ‘86 I installed greenbacks in. I can’t bring myself to let them go yet. I play them regularly at home and roll them around but I never entertain the idea of moving them outside of the house or up and down the stairs. A small wattage head on top of a 4x12 is a nice at home rig. Good luck with your decision and your back!

aynirar27

Notable Member
Gold Supporting Member
Haha, yes, that has more iron in it than an battleship.
lately I’ve been really in to building and rebuilding different circuits from 5 and 18 watt amps, and I honestly don’t miss the “bigger amp” very much at all.
of course nothing sounds like big iron if that’s what you absolutely want, but small amps can offer so much

zenas

Thinking I need to sell off some amps too. Yesterday I dug out a Slash Marshall 2555 I haven't played in a year or more, a few hours with it and I'm ready to put it back where I found it. Then there's a blackface Deluxe Reverb I've never bonded with and several others don't use enough to keep.
However selling just sucks! I'll probably just keep um all and let my girls take care of disposal when I cash it in. :)

chanley

I think the PT15ir is a little bigger than toaster size:
20.5" (W) x 8.25” (D) x 9.25” (H) (inches)
certainly a bit smaller than some of the heads you currently own though!
Do you need that type of wattage? The ones you own are monsters!

guitarman3001

Old back injury flared up again, and it has me thinking of getting rid of most of my half stacks, just because I am realizing I simply cannot risk carrying these things up and down my stairs anymore.

I will keep my Mark V and 68 Fender Custom Reverb combos.

I have a few Marshalls, 2203, 2204, 2555x jubilee, 2466 vintage modern, jcm 2000 dsl silver edition.

I have a dv mark neo 4x 12 cab that is 47lbs, so i can keep that no issue.

I was thinking of selling some of these amps and buy a nice small head from suhr, friedman, prs, ?

What is an absolute killer small head that could help me forget the pain of selling some my Marshalls?

Out of the Marshalls: I think I would keep the Silver jubilee????????
Any of the two-channel 20 watt Friedmans would work. Since you're going to be selling a few, which means you'll have a few bucks to spend, also look into a BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury. It will fill in the missing Marshalls very well.

Benz2112

Supporting Member
I love my Suhr Badger. I basically set my tone stack, and mainly just adjust the amount of power scaling to determine how dirty I want it to sound. It definitely has the small Marshall vibe, but it is its own thing. The new version, with the boost, probably could take you anywhere you want to go in that classic gain territory, sounds wonderful with pedal boosts and od's, and gets nasty with a fuzz.