• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Thinking of pickup change

Donnie2112

Hey there fellas, I recently bought one of the Mexican Players Deluxe Strats that comes with the Noiseless pickups. I like just about everything about this guitar, I think it sounds good and to me it feels just great. The only reason I'm thinking about changing is just to try something different, the only thing is that I'm not sure that it's worth it as it's my only strat and I wouldn't describe myself as "dissatisfied" with the way the guitar sounds. Any words of wisdom?

Donnie2112

I don't know if I'd do that, I mean if I have to remove the pick guard anyway I might as well try all three. I guess they sound good to me, but I hear peopl rave about boutique pickups so much that I wonder if the noiseless sound good to me because I don't know what I'm missing.

mhuxtable

Don't open that can of expensive worms.

If you like the way it sounds, leave it. If you don't, figure out what you domt like, then find a pickup set that fixes the problem.

Summa

If your happy with it as it is then I would leave well enough alone. Besides there's too many different pickups sets out there if your not sure of the direction you want to go. It can be a never ending obsession!

Good Luck

shane8

prob worth trying some other strats in a store and see how u feel about the other fender strat pu like the cs sets and the am std

Trending Topics

Top Bottom