Thinking of selling my Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 Head?

Hefalump

Kicking around the idea of gassing the VM 2466 head and just running my JCM 2000 DSL 100.

The DSL seriously kicks arse for what I do.

Just gathering thoughts, I know I will probably regret getting rid of it......Most likely will end up keeping it.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I have had a VM 3 separate times. Let it go if you can and come back later.

Hefalump

I am leaning on keeping it, I have the matching 4x12 as well, so there is that.

I think I am hurting my hearing though, as this is an amp that I really need to have the MV on at least 5 to enjoy.

Custom50

I like my VM a lot but mine is currently for sale to fund something else. They are modern and there's lots of them. You can always get another.

andyk

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a million different Marshalls/clones, modded and not modded. The 2466 is my favorite so far! Tone of an old JMP, reliability of a new amp. Great JTM clean type sounds too. I use it at bedroom volume thanks to the Hotplate - master on 2. Sounds killer with any gain pedal too. Keep it, unless you want to wind up paying more for one in a few years.

Dannyz

Sell it and get a 2266 head, that may suit you better. Mine sounds great even at 1.5/10 on the MV. The 50W version (38W actually) sounds creamier and more middy, the 100W head has more thump and balls, just like a 2203 vs 2204 JCM 800.

I think the only worth replacement for this amp could be a Bogner Goldfinger 45. It covers the same ground, amp-wise.

Another option to keep the VM and have gainier tones: run it clean and buy a Friedman BE-OD/Bogner Red/La Grange/Suhr Riot Reloaded.

Hefalump

I've had a million different Marshalls/clones, modded and not modded. The 2466 is my favorite so far! Tone of an old JMP, reliability of a new amp. Great JTM clean type sounds too. I use it at bedroom volume thanks to the Hotplate - master on 2. Sounds killer with any gain pedal too. Keep it, unless you want to wind up paying more for one in a few years.
You are a wise man.

Trending Topics