Thinking of swapping stock PRRI speaker for an Eminence Legend 1028

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Drumnbum, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Drumnbum

Drumnbum Member

Anyone done this exact thing? What are your results?

2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I had that speaker in a '74 SFPR and it was very good. Brought more bass to the table than expected for the 10" but was still polite. Nice and clean. I think it is one of the better speaker choices regardless of budget.

3. es137p

es137p Supporting Member

WGS has the G10C/S, I tried the 12" version in a Princeton clone and it was very nice.

4. darkphader

darkphader Member

Don't have a PRRI but I love the Legend 1028 (so much that I'm having 4x10 cab built with them). I do have a DRRI and wish I could find a Legend 1228 (no longer manufactured) to try in it. If it's half as nice as the 1028 it would be a keeper. I have on order a TF-1250 (although not alnico) and will give it a try in the DRRI.

5. doublescale1

doublescale1 FSR Tele Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    +1 on the WGS G10C/S - I had a G12/C/S in a Princeton Reverb II and put that same speaker in a Carr Rambler - it delivers that classic 3D Fender blackface tone all day and night. The G10C/S will have the same performance characteristics of the 12, just smaller size. I have an Emi Legend 1028 in my old Supro S6422TR, I used that to give the orig. speaker a break. It's very balanced top to bottom and delivers exceptional cleans and when hit hard, it breaks up in that same balanced manner, does not get flubby at all - I play mostly hum bucker and P90 guitars, a strat stays nice and single-coil juicy through either the WGS or Emi Legend - very good american amp-tone speaker choices.