• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Thinking of trading my Fulltone Choralflange for a Diamond Tremolo.

Burstbucker

I scored a used Fulltone Choralflange last year but I find that I hardly ever use it. There's somebody in my town selling a Diamond Tremolo and judging by the YouTube videos of that pedal, it's pretty darned sweet.

I was thinking of offering a straight trade for my Choralflange. What do you guys think, pretty fair deal, or am I nuts?

Twinattack

I think that would be a pretty decent deal. Especially if you don't use the choralflange that much. I had a roomate that had one when it first came out years ago and got to use it quite a bit but never really cared for it too much. And I'm a huge fan of chorus. I've owned the Diamond trem for a couple of years and love it. Its got a lot of options and sounds great. Don't know for sure but I would think the trade value would be pretty similar. If you're into trem I'd say go for it.

Burstbucker

I'm pretty sure that the Choralflange was fifty or sixty dollars more expensive then the Diamond Tremolo here in Canada. But that's in the ballpark.

I like the CF but don't hardly use it, but then again I might regret getting rid of it later on. And the guy with the Tremolo probably just wants cash anyway. He's only looking for $100, I think I'll just buy it since I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Snufkinoob

$100 for a Diamond trem? You won't regret that. Best trem I've used, and I've been through a few.

Burstbucker

Well, I'm getting a feeling that this potential deal is already going sideways.:jo

This guy had his pedal for sale awhile ago and he wanted $175, then he lowered it three days ago to $100 and now all of a sudden his latest ad is "no longer available" but the original ad for $175 is still there.

He's not replying to my email and I'd bet dollars to donuts that he sold it and never bothered to delete all of his ads. The one for $175 is still up.

Oh well, there ya go..............................:dunno

Yup.

Regardless of the YouTube clips, if the pedal was for sale locally in your own town, then you should have taken the opportunity to visit the seller and try out the pedal so you can hear it in person.

Burstbucker

I haven't been in the pedal buying mode for quite awhile, so I haven't been checking Kijiji and the like on a daily basis. So when I saw that Diamond Tremolo reduced to $100 (down from $175), it had already been on there for a couple of days.

So, I'm assuming that it sold right away and the seller was slow to take down the ad, plus he also didn't take 10 seconds out of his day to respond to my question about his pedal in the ad.

Oh well, that's the way that she goes. I wasn't in the market for a Trem anyways but since watching some of the videos on YouTube, I'm now going to keep an eye open for one of these badboys, in time I'll find a good used Trem. The Diamond Tremolo sounds like a good one though.

Twinattack

Yeah, $100 for a diamond trem woulda been ridiculous. Probably not gonna find one that cheap again. Keep looking though. Great pedal and worth the money.

Burstbucker

If he did sell it to somebody for $100, the buyer sure got himself a heck of a deal!

BTW, there's another guy in my area with a used Empress Tremolo, he wants $150 for it, I don't have hands-on experience with either of these two Tremolos, so I don't know if one is better then the other and which one I might prefer.

$150 doesn't seem to be a bad price as they're something like $250 + tax new.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom