thinking of trading my Timeline for an Echolution 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 4, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Anyone do this before or vice versa? Your thoughts?

Of course i have to find someone willing to do that trade. If i can't then i'll probably trade the Timeline for a BigSky and just buy the Echolution 2.

2. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Supporting Member

Both are GREAT pedals. If you dont need all the bells and whistles of the TL (although the E2D has plenty of its own) then I would say go for it. The Overall tone is sweeter sounding on the Echolution and the filters are superb.

Make sure you spring for the Deluxe version.

3. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I don't know what it is but i just haven't bonded with the Timeline. Definitely want the Deluxe or not at all. I also like the idea of connectivity between the Echolution and my Infinity looper.

4. SirGilmour

If the TL seems a bit "sterile" to you then your ears will celebrate when you hear the E2D. Much more natural and sweet sounding. They did a GREAT job on the preamp.

5. GreatAnt

GreatAnt Member

6. la noise

la noise Supporting Member

SG is right on the money. :aok

7. la noise

la noise Supporting Member

I'd have traded you, though. I just sold my backup E2D
    and shipped it out today. :dunno

8. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I didn't trade one for the other, but having owned both I GREATLY prefer the E2D. And that includes the tone, features, and UI.

9. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

This right here. I much preferred the E2D when I had it and the TL. I WILL have another E2D after grabbing my Kemper remote.

10. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

why not just sell it. Certainly, it has better resale value than the pig e2d, right? :idk:

Use the money to buy an SM7b and a waza delay!

11. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

I've had lots of delays and recently got an E2D. It sounds great!

12. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Well a much more overwhelming response to the E2D than i expected. I think that's the route I will be going. If i can't get a flat out trade, i'll just sell the timeline and buy a used E2D.

It's funny i don't want the Timeline anymore but i still want and El Cap and the BigSky. :dunno Go figure.

A day late and a dollar short... :bitch

This actually isn't a bad idea... i do want another mic and i like what i've heard from the waza. I just have bought so many delays lately without tap tempo and i'm coming to find it's a feature i need. I'm not good with the time/rate knob and trying to dial it in. :dunno

13. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

Does the E2D accept MIDI clock and MIDI preset changes?

14. SirGilmour

Presets

Echolution 2 supports up to 60 custom presets contained in 6 banks of 10, all of which can be edited in real time via the front panel and saved to the machine. Hands free Preset selection is accomplished by holding down the onboard TAP switch, using an external remote footswitch or via MIDI preset change command. The included PC/MAC application allows even deeper real time editing as well as the ability to import artist presets and share your own custom presets online.

MIDI

MIDI IN provides instant preset change, Tap Tempo and LFO synchronization with an external source as well as remote control over every function of the Echolution 2. MIDI OUT allows for tap tempo control over the Pigtronix Infinity Looper and other MIDI capable devices. The USB port on the Echolution 2 provides connectivity to MAC or PC computers, allowing you to run the free Echolution 2 application for preset management and real-time tweaking of advanced parameters

MIDI IN - Accepts MIDI preset change, MIDI CC inputs (see MIDI map) for all functions as well as MIDI beat clock to set the delay time. When a MIDI signal is present, the red MIDI LED in the upper left corner will illuminate.

15. BeYourself

BeYourself Member

I am basically a simple digital delay set n forget guy but like options!

So how good is the digital delay in E2 ? Comparable to a TC 2290 ?

16. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

The core E2 tones are more in the analog/tape camp, and pristine digital delays aren't really its forté (IMO).

17. earwax

earwax Member

Seems like the nova delay or a free the tone flight time might be good options for you.