Thinkn bout a Bogner Duende..6l6 30w

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by aztwang, Sep 18, 2008.

1. aztwang

aztwang Member

Hi there, anyone have one of these or had any play'n time. I need a GREAT 2 channell amp--Nice chimey cleans w/ good headroom and enough distortion to do modern large gain sounds..Hinder, 3doors dowm...etc..
    Looks like it would fit the bill, and seems to have nice appointments.
    Thanks for your help!!

2. Road Warrior

Road Warrior Member

Yes, I played one for about a half hour at a pretty loud level. All I can tell you is the amp BLEW ME AWAY!!! The clean channel is pure chime, the gain channel is just beautiful and mixing the 2 channels together was astounding. I don't know how else to put it. The only BAD thing I can say about the amp is that while mixing the 2 channels together sounded stellar, it was much louder than either of the individual channels, so it would be difficult to use all 3 channels at a gig.

It's not a hard rock EVH type of tone... It's Vox/Plexi/Fender all combined. I use a Shiva now, but I could gig with this amp easily. But the amp would be loud on stage because of the open back cab. However,the open back combo/cab is part of the reason it sounds so good (getting that room sound too). Plus there are 2 different speakers in it. Can't remember but one is a V-30 I think.

If you get a chance to play one, it'll probably knock your socks off.

When I left that amp, I had felt it was THE best guitar amp I ever played (for that chimy Vox/Plexi/Fender thing), and I've played and owned a LOT of amps over the years.

3. aztwang

aztwang Member

Warrior, do you think it can cover Hinder, 3 doors down, Stained, Rush...e.t.c.??

4. Road Warrior

Road Warrior Member

Maaaan... I just now saw that. I think you would need a gain box as it is NOT a "high" gain amp, but there is plenty of gain if you know what I mean. I think it could cover 3 Doors down and some Hinder, but those lead parts would need something for the sustain. Same with Rush. It's more of an AC30 on steroids type of sound. But it really leans into the plexi and fender thing too. If your band is a "loud rock thing", then it's hard to say.

Sorry I can't be more help. This amp is too expensive to not be sure and buy brand new, if you know what I mean. So if YOU lean to the heavier side of playing I'd say no. If you are a touch guy I'd say the amp can them all with the right kind of pedals. I'm a touch guy so I related to what the amp is all about. If you are a brutal type player you probably wouldn't like it.

I wouldn't want my opinion to be the only one you got to buy a $3K amp. I would feel bad if you didn't like it. But there probably aren't very many people here that have played one for any length of time either.:dunno

5. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

i have the 15 watt 1X10 version, and in my 3 piece band, it cuts through great, and is plenty loud for a gig (unmiked). covers all the stuff you mentioned, but i do use a couple of od's to push it over the top. road warrior's description is spot on. matter of fact, when i was dialing in the clean channel, i a/b'd it with my bad cat cub iir, and it got extremely close to that type of tone.

6. meterman

meterman Member

Very nice amp, I played one for awhile recently and was very impressed. Nice cleans, ballsy drive, sounds amazing with channels combined, good reverb....maybe the closest I've heard to a "do it all well" channel switching combo...

7. DarrenTD

DarrenTD Member

Nice amp but I ended up going with the Shiva 6L6 instead...

8. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

+1 on all counts (use Gaspedals DumbBell and Barber LTD) except mine is 1x12. Also I do use all three combinations (clean, OD and both) in our band (trio with organ and drums) and the volume changes are Welcome...puts me out when I need to be. Great amp! My organist loves it. He thinks I get my best tones with that, but I still use a bigger amp (Heritage Colonial) when plaing outdoors shows or bigger rooms without decent FOH support.

And we play some heavy ****...heavy more like an asteroid hitting the Planet Miles, but heavy...

One of my favorite amps!

DS