1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Thinning the herd question...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by standard24, Dec 7, 2018.

1. standard24

standard24 Member

I very seldom play acoustic guitar. I have a decent Taylor 410CE that hasn't been out of the case in 5 months. I'll likely play it at a Christmas party and put it back away. I have other "beater" acoustics that are good quality, but worthless.

Should I sell the Taylor to... A) Clear up some room, and B) Generate a few bucks?

johnkoz likes this.
  2. naveed211

naveed211 Member

Sell it, for both those reasons.

teleman1 likes this.
  3. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

I keep an acoustic for my little jive home recordings.

I am selling an amp or two for non use and to pay for a clinic next summer.

4. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

Your question should be, Would I play acoustic more if I had one I could bond with. Sell the Taylor and get an inexpensive parlour guitar,less than $600. It will still work at x-mas and you would probably play it more, if just not for the convenience of the body size.

5. standard24

standard24 Member

I have a decent Yamaki (solid top) that I've had for 35 years. It was "my acoustic" until the Taylor came along by surprise. The Taylor is a much better guitar, but the Yamaki is fine for me as it really is a good guitar.

6. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Dude, if you can put it in a case for half a year and not miss it? I’d sell it for both A and B.
    It’s really not a crime to look inside yourself and realize “Hey, I don’t really dig playing acoustic.” I came to that realization a while back and as such I only own two el-cheap-o acoustics that I can’t sell because they were gifts and they’re good to strum on every now and again.

standard24 likes this.