Thinning the herd question...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by standard24, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

1. standard24

standard24 Member

I very seldom play acoustic guitar. I have a decent Taylor 410CE that hasn't been out of the case in 5 months. I'll likely play it at a Christmas party and put it back away. I have other "beater" acoustics that are good quality, but worthless.

Should I sell the Taylor to... A) Clear up some room, and B) Generate a few bucks?

johnkoz likes this.
  2. naveed211

naveed211 Member

Sell it, for both those reasons.

teleman1 likes this.
  3. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

I keep an acoustic for my little jive home recordings.

I am selling an amp or two for non use and to pay for a clinic next summer.

4. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

Your question should be, Would I play acoustic more if I had one I could bond with. Sell the Taylor and get an inexpensive parlour guitar,less than $600. It will still work at x-mas and you would probably play it more, if just not for the convenience of the body size.

5. standard24

standard24 Member

I have a decent Yamaki (solid top) that I've had for 35 years. It was "my acoustic" until the Taylor came along by surprise. The Taylor is a much better guitar, but the Yamaki is fine for me as it really is a good guitar.

6. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Dude, if you can put it in a case for half a year and not miss it? I’d sell it for both A and B.
    It’s really not a crime to look inside yourself and realize “Hey, I don’t really dig playing acoustic.” I came to that realization a while back and as such I only own two el-cheap-o acoustics that I can’t sell because they were gifts and they’re good to strum on every now and again.

standard24 likes this.