• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

THIRD POWER AMPS!

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
I played through that amp - the British Dream MK II at NAMM.

First, Jamie is a great cat, truly enthusiastic about amps and tone. Second, the amp is dazzling - it works great in my opinion. My one caveat is that NAMM is NOT a pristine listening environment, but ...

That said, to me it sounded so good it cut through the extreme background noise beautifully. Makes me think it'll sound great onstage too, and will cut through the rest of the band, in a musical way.

One of the best new amps I've every heard. I'd love to have one. I liked every setting in the AC channel AND the Plexi channel. Excellent "Kraaanngg" from the Top Boost side.

Oh, and the speaker cab is great too - internally ported, still has the 'triangles' built inside (Jamie - I hope I got that right, or rather, I hope I'm saying that about the right cab).

As you can tell it made a big impression on me. Two thumbs way up!

Hope this helps, Dana O.

big mike

Ditto Dana.

Every one I've ive played has been flat out amazing.

Dana Olsen

Ditto Dana.

Every one I've played has been flat out amazing.
Totally, huh Mike? Oh, and the Master Vol is excellent!

Damn amp feels great to play through too - it feels like it WANTS to sound good for you.

Thanks, Dana O.

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
I played through one at the International Blues Challenge a couple weeks ago. The "All American", or something? It was part of the amp backline at the Hard Rock. I played through the most basic channel (brown/tweed) with just volume and tone. It sounded good. I was worried that I'd have to do some tone wrangling or suffer with something not to my taste but it did just fine. I typically like vintage lower wattage tube combos like tweed Fender, Supro, Gibson, Harmony, etc.

Paul86

Thanks folks.
The collective knowledge\experience of this place never ceases to amaze me.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
I have a 3P Dream Solo 4, its killer KILLER Plexi Marshall low wattage amp.

In addition, Ive played most of his other amps (except the new newest ones) and they have all been awesome.

The speaker cabs are the best Ive heard as well. Great stuff.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I had the original Dream Weaver for awhile as well as the original Switchback 2x12. Both great. The cab is the best 2x12 I've ever played through.

The British Dream MK II is a seriously great amp too. It's everything you hear in the vid in the OP but obviously sounds way better in person. ;)

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
These amps seem to have all the features I'd like...any thoughts on the Dream 50 Plexi or the newer Wooly Coats?

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
The Wooly Coats is more really amazing and dimensional Fender style amp....with more chime.
The Plexi 50 is just a really great dialed in Plexi circuit.

Played both at the Nashville Gear Expo, I preferred the Plexi, but I am a Marshall guy. The Wooly Coats was still amazing sounding though.

jguitarslim

Gold Supporting Member
The Wooly Coats is more really amazing and dimensional Fender style amp....with more chime.
The Plexi 50 is just a really great dialed in Plexi circuit.

Played both at the Nashville Gear Expo, I preferred the Plexi, but I am a Marshall guy. The Wooly Coats was still amazing sounding though.
How did 3P Plexi stack up to other M-like amps you've owned?

trim450

Heard these this past Saturday for the first time at nstuff music in Pittsburgh. The dual citizen is amazing, such pure open tone but way out of my budget ... almost pulled the trigger on the American dream 6l6 , they all sounded great.

Trending Topics