This amp is a lot of $$$$

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
Sorry for the rant. I'm stepping off my soapbox now.
1) obviously, you're not actually sorry,
2) i don't believe that you stepped off your soapbox;
you seem to have fallen-off, owing to a lack of balance,
3) i kinda like that band & the guitarist, and
4) the ad is a joke that makes good, clean fun of people like us, here,
and threads like this..... re: trolling via advertising.

dt / spltrcl

Last edited:

jackbart1960

Another who really didn't mind the Mutemath. At least the kids are coming up with their own noise. But at $6,500 your paying $5,750 for the cabinet that it comes in.
It's a peice of funiture meant to be in some boushy livng room with your R9 to show how hip you can be. No?
Peace. J.J.B.

robertkoa

Hey ! I'll take it !

Let's work out a Payment Plan- say 10 dollars a month for - 20 thousand months- humanity can continue to evolve as the speakers break in....... and I promise to do a great demo of the Amp.

Jiffy_Jeff

Playin Tunes and Having Fun!
Gold Supporting Member
I remember that episode..

I especially liked the drummer's groove and when he pulled the ride off for effect.

I also remember how I did not like the guitar sound, and the bass player looked like Emo Phillips in the back..

But the drummer was cool!

gldtp99

I thought the song in the vid was interesting---i kind of liked it, the effect on the guitar seemed to fit the song.
I hope the $200,000 marketing scheme works out for the amp maker---but even the @$6k price seems non-realistic---- but if they can sell them for that..................

Rev2S

Mutemath is a great band, IMO....On all of Mutemath's recordings, Greg played through a Vox AC30.

Never heard of the Trillium amp. Maybe it was just for show....haha...

BTW....I clicked on the Ebay link and they have another link to a Dumble going for 85,000....

2Slick4U

I dug the song. It was different. If it was derivative, I don't know what it was derivative of, but it sounded pretty original to me.

Endr_rpm

Mutemath is an AWESOME band, that was a ****** clip :)

Check youtube for their high quality live stuff form Japan. I like the mix of electronic and rock styles, and the bass player is a bad ass.

Rick0

The Trillium Empyrean cab kind of reminds me of a cross between a Top Hat & a Vero.

Last edited:

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
It was totally unmpressive tonally.... it's worth only what the cab costs, because they have beautiful workmanship ....

Marc Roy

The cab is nice but honestly if you happen to be handy with woodworking, you can buy a used Peavey Bandit and build a beautiful cab for cheaper and get the exact same crappy tone.

scotty31

listening to the trillium clips. decent sounding amps
looks are nice. almost like deco furniture. perhaps i could sneak one into the house that way :p

not a mutemath fan though. i dont particularly get the music, but decent enough advertising

gillman royce

Silver Supporting Member
He wasted his money. There wasn't $50 worth of talent behind that guitar much less the awful sound the amp was making with a hack at the beginning of the signal chain. Who signed these people. I know. Youre going to say,"another old fart that doesn't like new music.". WRONG!! I like alot of the new music out today. But from people who can at least tune the guitar they are playing. I can go to any club in town and hear better crap than that.
Seriously though, I know we've all heard band we wonder why they haven't been dicovered and this is what gets signed.
Ok. I'm really stepping off this time.
That's tellin' 'em ! I love it when they suddenly cut to Dave or Leno 's face for that look of total bewilderment for what passes as " the current wave of new talent ".

grateful.ed

83% positive feedback for that seller.

so good luck hagglin' for your 200k back:rotflmao

and I wouldn't buy anything from one with that rating

Last edited:

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
He wasted his money. There wasn't $50 worth of talent behind that guitar much less the awful sound the amp was making with a hack at the beginning of the signal chain. Who signed these people. I know. Youre going to say,"another old fart that doesn't like new music.". WRONG!! I like alot of the new music out today. But from people who can at least tune the guitar they are playing. I can go to any club in town and hear better crap than that.
Seriously though, I know we've all heard band we wonder why they haven't been dicovered and this is what gets signed.
Ok. I'm really stepping off this time.
:facepalm

The thread is regarding the price of an amp......not attacking other musicians that you have absolutely no clue of who they are as a band or as human beings. There's a saying that goes like this; "Those that can...DO......and those that CAN'T complain on TGP"

They got "Discovered"............... because they did the work they needed to put them in a position to succeed. No...I don't care for the style of music either, but I respect any musician that does what they love for a living, and are successful at it.

Trending Topics