• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

This bounce track from Sgt. Pepper is unreal.

George Martin was a god d*mn surgeon. Peppers is my least favorite Beatles record and i'm honestly not even much of a fan in general but i have so much respect for the way he produced that album!

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
McCartney on lead there... Fender Esquire through a Selmer amp, with (I believe) a Tonebender Fuzz

smokinop

Silver Supporting Member
Geoff Emerick deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the great Beatle tracks as well. Maybe as much, or more, as Martin.
Yes, George Martin deserves much credit for his work but without Geoff Emerick thinking outside the box, SPLHCB would not have been the same. Emerick's book, Here, There & Everywhere is an excellent read.

Thanks for posting this!

sixty2strat

It usually seems that when there's a particularly gnarly guitar part in a Beatles song it turns out to have been Paul.
Paul always seems to do what any other player would do, it's good and works but George is always, no one else would have thought of that to me.

Trending Topics