• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

This ever happen to you - wiring issue

edwarddavis

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a cheap tele , looked great , played nice . But the guitar had little tone. After looking at some tele harness wiring I noticed after a while the harness only has one cap, Mine had one on the tone and Volume. I thought HMMMMM what the hell, took off the cap on the volume pot and Bingo guitar sounds great . wired wrong by a chinese kid in the factory or maybe they were going for the dull no tone sound , I was about to buy a new harness, not much of a guitar wiring expert but its not a big deal I am sure but I was pretty thrilled it made a world of difference.:banana
I am done

dazco

I take it the cap was wired to one of the input or output lugs and the other leg to the ground lug? So basically it was draining highs to ground no matter where the volume pot is set. Must have been wired on a friday afternoon when the guy was likely dreaming of what saki he would be drinking with his buds that nite. :)

edwarddavis

Gold Supporting Member
you got it , Hey it happens, but what big difference it makes, i wonder how many people buy a cheap guitar and put pickups , etc in it to make it sound better when it may not be needed .

Trending Topics