This guy has got a great Dylan vibe going

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Katzenjammer, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Member

Very Blood On The Tracks-esque to my ears. Really good actually.

2. kokohi5

kokohi5 Member

Pretty cool stuff! I like how you can hear the heavy Dylan influence, but it's not like he' just trying to be Bob. Thanks for posting that. Always nice to have a new band to get into.
    Eric Earley from Blitzen Trapper is another newer artist that shows a lot of his Bob influence in a really good way.

3. ChrisFFTA

ChrisFFTA Member

The war on drugs sound more tom petty than dylan to my ears. Backed by the flaming lips. One of my fave bands right now

4. db9091

db9091 Member

Sounds more like Mark Knofler than Dylan, tho I'm aware of Dylan's influence on Knofler and as said Petty.

When I think "Blood on the Tracks" I think open G and shifting literary narrative, as well as an earnest personal hurt. So I didn't get that impression at all.

I'd say this band has a definitely unique style beyond the talk-singing style and poetic lyrics.

Tho I think it takes more than a vocal "Ihh" for the word "and" to sound like Dylan (ha ha) he certainly has that talent for vocal expression of his phrases like Dylan does, and intentional off-key-ness at calculated times that Dylan is famous for.

5. Thinsocks

Thinsocks Member

Damn. I dug that. I always like when this site turns me on to new music. And agree about the Dylan comparison. His vocal phrasing/delivery is very Dylan-esque. Which is never a bad thing in my book.

Which album of theirs should I get first?

6. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Member

I agree, he's definitely doing his own thing.

7. ChrisFFTA

ChrisFFTA Member

Start with his latest- lost in a dream... Its F*CKING amazing