This has to be a joke. This is a bit much for even the worst corksniffer.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by therhodeo, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mitch T

Mitch T Member

Pages full of blabla and no one even quoted this post ? And this is supposed to be the 'serious' forum ?

Thanks for posting that, Brian.

2. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Good point.

3. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Why do we bash up a pedal before we even tried it yet? The only person who's view I take notice of is Indyguitarist - cause he's the only one who has actually tried it. He says its nice - and he's a pedal builder. IMHO, that's something.

I remember the same thing happened to Jetter when the first pedal came out - now loads of people owns his pedals. I remember people saying it's all hype and it was wishful thinking if a single pedal can sound like Eric Johnson's tone.

I am on the fence on this one. Unless I've tried it - I will neither post a positive nor negative comments. Now can someone else who has actually tried the pedal speak up?????

4. Analog Assassin

Analog Assassin Senior Member

Man, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. I'm not trying to be ugly here, and I know it's going to come off that way, but it's all a bunch of nonsense. There's no way that a non-conductive coating on a solder joint creates capacitance. Do you know what capacitance is? What creates capacitance?

Not just picking on you, but there's a bunch of BS being promoted by pedalbuilders, and it's not just this one, that is being eaten up by an uneducated public that then re-posts that stuff off as being gospel.

As far as this builder saying that cryogenic wire made a difference in IDENTICAL circuits, I personally have built IDENTICAL circuits that sounded slightly different. Even with 1 percent tolerance resistors, there was enough variation in other parts and the lead dress as to cause a slight difference. Unless he tried the wires in the SAME circuit, then there's no proof to me that the cryogenically treated wire makes any difference. And the few nano-ohms difference in resistance in one type of solder to another, makes no difference to the human ear. I promise you.

I don't think anyone's bashing the pedal. Indyguitarist says it's nice. I believe him. I don't believe some of the ridiculous ad copy that this guy is putting out. Sell the pedal on its REAL features. Good sound. good features. Not magic fairy dust.

5. utterhack

utterhack Member

Have you read this thread?

No one has bashed the pedal - just the breathless web site copy. I think everyone here has been around the block enough times that we're all looking forward to judging the pedal on its own merits.

Which is a completely separate proposition from the very funny web site.

6. Smokehouse

Smokehouse Member

Well I have tried as I just received it on Jan 2nd. I can say it's a great Boost, I'm happy that I bought it !

Smoke'

7. Cvt

Cvt Member

Okay, now that we have taken a beating I'd like to respond. Just an FYI for the blurb on quad eutectic solder and solder joints etc. This was a quote from a person who was the former head of the governments top secret weapons design program. Her husband wrote the manual on hand soldering techniques for NASA. REWOG, ANALOG ASSASSIN or any others interested, I know you are builders so contact Jena labs and have this debate with Jennifer.

Now if all of the frustrations are out of your system(s) redirect your energies to Indyguitarist.com (Brian Wampler). If you want a neutral opinion he is one of two posting here that has had experience with the Rockett Boost and can debate circuitry.

We invite all of you, those who support and those who are skeptical to at least post a pic of your rig on our site. There will be a contest voted on by you and the winner gets a Rockett Boost. Maybe one of the skeptics will win and can then provide an opinion on the pedal.

For those of you that reserve your opinion until you hear the unit we are working on some videoes to be posted in the next week or so. Thanks for your reasonable and rational input.

Let me throw on my hockey gear so I can prepare for the next beating!!
    Chris

8. erksin

erksin Member

I dunno - seems you brought all of this on yourself. :rolleyes:

Now you got NASA involved with building this thing. Jebus.

9. Mitch T

Mitch T Member

EDIT: posted this without having seen the post by CvT

I totally agree with the uhm... 'cold solder jokes' on the website, they're really a big joke. But from the two people posting to have one or have at least tried one, the first gets laughed at and dissed as a spammer (Smoke) and the second gets ignored (indy).
    I found that to be a bit too shallow for TGP standards, that's all.

Anyway, I love the feature of a switchable buffer/line driver and tonal control, but totally hate the pricing. Ouch.

10. Analog Assassin

Analog Assassin Senior Member

I don't doubt the pedal sounds great. If indy says it sounds great, then I believe him! And I'm sure solder joints are very important to people who risk their lives in space, but in a 9V pedal? We're not even talking hi-fi audiophoolery stuff here, this is just a guitar pedal! The frequencies that MIGHT be affected by all this (but really aren't) are rolled off by the speaker response anyway!

Perhaps this is all predicated by the so called guitar circuit 'terrorists' who take apart pedals and post schematics. What better way to protect your invention than to say it's been made with magic fairy dust? (solder, cryo wire)

11. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

not sure what this had to do with the thread? but thought it deserved a third repost...its funny:roll

seems like a cool pedal though..the buffer option i love.....but i wont ever know.

12. utterhack

utterhack Member

Chris,

You've amply demonstrated your ability to take a hazing with good humor, and it sounds as though you have every right to be proud of your product.

I'd just sincerely recommend taking a look at Bill Finnegan's site and/or enlisting the assistance of a pro. Sometimes less is more.

Just my two cents. Cheers and good luck!!

13. theohartman

theohartman Member

+1 all around, rock on.

14. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
  15. playon

playon Supporting Member

I'm sure it's a fine pedal, but IMO this kind of hyperbole is still way over the top...

16. RobM

RobM Member

It this sort of $h1t that gives the booteek industry a shady name. $350 for a booster? Now that to me is daylight robbery. Even if it is cased in silver solder whatnot! Jesus, just get a microamp!

17. lenny

lenny Member

I think the KLON is the biggest piece of marketing BS in all of pedal history ,lets face it: its all about marketing and ooooh he has one i need one as well, kinda thinking......if this pedal lives up to the billing ya'll will look back at this post and say sheesh did we ever call it wrong!!!! same is to be said for BJF and WAYHUGE ,except the marketing madness came from us not the company ,we made everyone HAVE TO HAVE IT! and the prices that i see on ebay everyday for these pedals just proves my point ....a Skreddy Mayo just went for $307.00 and change JUST because he said they were retired...now everyones Mayo is worth $300.00 until the next one sells for $400 and then everyones Mayo is now worth $400......its just the way it works ok next lets talk haunting mids fuzz pedals and what they are going for

18. lenny

lenny Member

Yah but dude a SUPER DUPER 2in1 is $319.00 same thing its a booster but it does less, whats your point

19. QOTSA

QOTSA Senior Member

You sound as over the top as the guy making the pedals, just in the other direction. Hang out with analogguru much? As I stated earlier I find this website ridiculous and would never buy the pedal for that reason alone. But lopping him in with Bill, Bjorn and Geroge is also ridiculous. Pricey yes, but pure hype, I don't think so. I love when I read that some guy can get his Bad Monkey to sound exactly like a Honey Bee. But of course they never have heard one.

20. lenny

lenny Member

i didnt say the the other peds were ALL hype but i mean please $800.00 for a klon????????and NO a Bad monkey nor anything else WILL EVER sound like a Honey Bee,all i am saying is that many people buy what everyone else has ,and no i am not over the top but some of the other posts were ,thats why i stated what i stated.....i have a fine collection myself worth a few thousand all i am saying is maybe to someone this is worth $350.00.....and it also shows how biased people can be ....we dont KNOW the Rockett peds guy but we can make fun and bash him till the cows come home ...but dont say anything about the coveted peds we all hold dear to our boards