1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

This has to be the worst Rig interview I've ever seen

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by CellophaneSerenade, Feb 8, 2019.

1. mobius

mobius Member

I think you mixed up the forums where you post pictures of young women for the perusal of old men..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    John Hurtt likes this.
  2. jestes70

jestes70 Supporting Member

Yours replaces my old worst rig rundown. This one.

3. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals Gold Supporting Member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. cram

cram Member

it's purposeful. all they do is make fun of the premise. seriously - they're trying to get this exact thread created.
    I believe every over-important post should be communicated like this. Postgame sports stuff. Political speech.
    Today I learned about having a wide stance and low center of gravity in case I too find myself in a band waiting on my square with wheels on the bottom when "other people" come to push me over to my work spot.

5. mobius

mobius Member

English is not my first language.

What's your excuse?

6. Pedal Dan

Why so angry over a beautiful young woman?

Enjoy the sight.

Or don’t.

7. mobius

mobius Member

Not angry at all.

You interrupted an otherwise halfway interesting thread on rig rundowns to leer on some woman, apropos of nothing at all.

Even if there's a time and place for this -- not gonna judge -- but I'm pretty sure it's not here..

8. Pedal Dan

The video has her name... front and center.

And it’s about her band.

You know, the guys that work for her, and are now touring the world in front of massive crowds.

9. Honch

Honch Member

Of course, it is a send up. Spinal tap-ish take on its all. Like Ricky Gervais in the Office tv series, trying to be way cool, but pulls it off the totally opposite way. It's a joke, put-on, send up, prank, spoof, they're just pulling one on us. Someone like pretending that he knows a lot on pedalboards, and tries to bluff his way through, and expecting all others that listens and interviewee doesn't detect it at all. Four flusher I think it's called. Or Dunning Kruger syndromer. Where one can't tell if his acting abilities or pretending abilities are good or bad. Or jokes...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  10. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

Bad attempt at being funny. I only watched about 90 seconds and moved on after the third pop vs rock stupid comment.

11. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

I reported it. Let's see what the mods do.

12. Chops

Chops Gold Supporting Member

The musicians are fine put the putz with the hat has to go.

FenderBigot likes this.
  13. CellophaneSerenade

CellophaneSerenade Member

Yes. If you're going to make fun of gear, at least KNOW something about gear to make fun of...don't just repeat the same joke that wasn't even funny the first time.

FenderBigot likes this.
  14. NicDo

NicDo Member

I like unconformable humor- but the guy just isn't funny. Wasting time that someone allowed you when they're on the road is pretty lame.
    I had to take some time to go find their other uploads to down vote as well, since just disliking this video alone wasn't enough.

CellophaneSerenade likes this.
  15. Imerkat

Imerkat Member

His last line is "he has some other stuff but we're going to cut it out, cuz it's just boring to talk about"

It's clear to me that he's making fun of the audience in the vain of Andy Kaufman

16. Fred Farkus

Fred Farkus Gold Supporting Member

Yup, bored with them and most gear demos. Nothing puts me to sleep like an overdrive shootout. Especially when comparing different "versions" of the same pedal. Ugh...

Bluedano1 likes this.
  17. CellophaneSerenade

CellophaneSerenade Member

Good on you

18. keefsdad

keefsdad Member

"It's a red Strat", "For the tone and whatnot."

jestes70 likes this.
  19. Dasein

Dasein Member

Although humour is in the eye of the beholder, these guys were kicked out of here because they were spamming the board with fake accounts trying to pretend (and cause controversy) that the videos were "real" and not "goofs".... I thought they were lame - mostly because they just were not clever enough as goofs or satire. But I have a zero tolerance policy for shilling and spam.

FiestaRed likes this.
  20. Dasein

Dasein Member

She lacks depth and timbre in her voice. In the upper registers she's thin and has a narrow bandwidth - in her lower register she lacks resonance and depth and power.... makes her a B- at best. In the US or Canada she'd be middle of her class in a college Jazz vocal program at best.