https://www.centourpedal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Centour-Demo.mp4
KDjmMZal.jpg

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Last edited:

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Just like many guitarists. So what?
If buying cheapo rip-offs of other people's creative ideas is your thing, go nuts. I mean, there are probably a hundred different Klon clones on the market these days, just like there are thousands of Tubescreamer clones. I personally think it's lame, but that's the nature of this business, sadly.

That said, it's one thing to simply clone someone else's idea, but at least put your own spin on it or try to offer at least some new feature or interpretation. To do what this pedal is doing is akin to putting a TS9 circuit in a slightly different green enclosure and calling a Toobscreamer. To me it's just a little too far, IMO. But again, if **** like this appeals to you, have at it.

If buying cheapo rip-offs of other people's creative ideas is your thing, go nuts. I mean, there are probably a hundred different Klon clones on the market these days, just like there are thousands of Tubescreamer clones. I personally think it's lame, but that's the nature of this business, sadly.

That said, it's one thing to simply clone someone else's idea, but at least put your own spin on it or try to offer at least some new feature or interpretation. To do what this pedal is doing is akin to putting a TS9 circuit in a slightly different green enclosure and calling a Toobscreamer. To me it's just a little too far, IMO. But again, if **** like this appeals to you, have at it.
I’m not agreeing with it and it’s certainly not my thing.

But, literally, everything and everyone rips off everything and everyone in some way.

I think this one is comical in its attempt, which I think is part of the builders intent, regardless of how I feel about someone selling someone else’s idea or product as their own. I don’t even know if Bill still makes Klons and I honestly couldn’t yawn long enough if I tried to find out.

Would I ever consider buying this? no! lol

Trending Topics

Top Bottom