This is not the time to be purchasing gear...however...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by edgarallan, Apr 7, 2020.

1. edgarallan

edgarallan Member

I know it's not the time to purchase anything gear related, however, I just found myself clicking "Complete order" and got a Digitech Drop. I want to explore other tunings without having to mess with setups and string gauges. so there. Anybody else wants to come clean about their COVID purchases?

guitrr, FuzzFacetious, drri and 5 others like this.
  2. (Something)

(Something) Member

I’m on a huge Green Day kick at the moment. Ended up ordering a plexi kit from Ceriatone that’s getting the Dookie mod. Might upgrade the trannys and a few other things as well.

Occam, Well Done, meowmers and 12 others like this.
  3. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

Finally purchased my FM from Fractal (waited a year), just purchased a Tele neck for my MJT project and snooping around looking at possible amp options.
    I've also sold a lot of gear (mostly pedals).
    Why wouldn't this be a time to purchase gear? The economy and fellow gear heads need your help - if you have the discretionary income, budget wisely and can afford to make purchases you should.
    Take proper precautions in packing shipping / opening and LIVE.

4. Riffa

Riffa Member

I’ve been having GAS for the past two weeks. I’d like to get a Phase 90 or something else that’s classic, affordable and it’s got to be something I’ve never tried.

5. MkIIC+

MkIIC+ Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mesa King Snake
    Radial BigShot SW2

cam0122, Bill Lumberg, Trandy and 4 others like this.
  6. HighRoller

HighRoller Member

I bought two Spaceman pedals in the past month, I'm not letting the pandemic slow me down on the list of gear I plan to purchase.

C-4, ubenjammin2, cam0122 and 10 others like this.
  7. Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT Member

I'm still working and holding on to my money.....

I could be wrong but I'm expecting some big time sales and liquidation which might still be weeks away.

Not saying I like what's going on btw, this is all horrible.

Just saying I'm taking a wait and see approach.

guitrr, Occam, Rod and 15 others like this.
  8. 8len8

8len8 Supporting Member

Why is it not the time (in general)? If you have the money (and job security), then putting money back into the economy and providing income to suppliers is not a bad thing.

teleclem, Occam, TwoBogner and 69 others like this.
  9. Buddy67

Buddy67 Member

Exactly, plus what else is there to do but rock out with some sweet new toys??

10. Vanilla Latte

Vanilla Latte Member

Now is ALWAYS the time to be purchasing gear.

Have you learned nothing???!!! :D

landguitar, ur2funky, 6AM and 28 others like this.
  11. AlanH

AlanH Member

I bought one last year. They are absolutely brilliant for gigging if you're in a covers band (provided your set list has reminders to turn it on and off lol). Bear in mind also that if you play at home you need to be turned up loud enough to drown out the acoustic sound from your guitar or you'll think the pedal is broken. It's not, but it sounds weird being able to hear both, unless you set the pedal to play an octave down. Headphones help.

12. Brettski

Brettski Member

Well, I'm certainly dreaming about buying a lot of stuff. I can't say I'm too comfortable with the idea of blowing money on luxury items at the moment. God knows I have enough junk kicking around to keep me entertained for the time being.

Johnny Moondog likes this.
  13. Bob T.

Bob T. Member

My new Warmoth roasted maple Clapton strat neck is absolutely stellar! :aok:banana

[​IMG]

Occam, thebard42, ur2funky and 31 others like this.
  14. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

I purchased an amp ( Fuchs ODS) from a member here and it shipped from California on Thursday March 26 and and the expected delivery date was Thursday April 2. It was shipped via USPS and still has not arrived ? The USPS tracking says it's in L.A. and in transit to the next destination, that was the last update I received on April 1st.

I am assuming that this is due in part to the Corona Virus along with the usual USPS unreliability to deliver when expected ?

Anyone else experiencing extra long waiting times on their packages from USPS ????

Elskens Philippe likes this.
  15. V. Siren

V. Siren Supporting Member

If you have money, now seems like the best time, especially if you know who is getting the funds. Even if you don't know the person, you're still helping someone and at the same time helping yourself! I say go for it!

Jimmy R, Jim S, otter5555 and 6 others like this.
  16. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Seems like a good time to me. Just bought a new Anasounds Harmonic Tremolo and their new design of an expression pedal that is a spinner rather than a rocker style foot pedal.

kbee and Jim Marciano like this.
  17. captaincoconut

captaincoconut Member

I bought new pots and some Mojotone caps for my latest guitar purchase as well as an old Vox Wah.

fretless and VintagePlayerStrat like this.
  18. indeedido

indeedido Supporting Member

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    I just sold a dozen pedals on reverb just to clear the clutter. Then two days later I bought 2 on a lockdown whim. :anon

19. SoundsGood

SoundsGood Member

Uh.... I got myself a Solar Flare from Scott Sarno for 20 bucks off. Shouldn't have. But I am super psyched... 7:00 Health Worker Tribute Jams just got louder.

RobertKeeley, brbadg and Pellecaster like this.
  20. homeunit

homeunit Supporting Member

Empress tape delay, pick it up today.