• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

This is the Hendrix performance that SRV got all his lick for Voodoo Chile from..

WahmBoomAh

World Crass Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
Somewhere between Robert Johnson and Coltrane ....a place that only Jimi occupies ....I didn`t hear one "lick" in there ...a lot of balls and heart though

Zelmo

Best 6:53 I have spent in a while.

Anyone notice that he had 5 trem springs. Geez - how's he do those massive dive bombs with 5 trem springs? :huh :huh

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Even the way he ends the song is original beyond any expectation. God I wish he was alive today and jamming with Jeff Beck! On tour, just like Winwood & Clapton And thinking of that Jimi & Stevie touring would be very cool.

crzyfngers

and this is why i carried a copy of are you experienced around with me as a kid. the guitar was like another appendage to jimi.

angus99

Even the way he ends the song is original beyond any expectation. God I wish he was alive today and jamming with Jeff Beck! On tour, just like Winwood & Clapton And thinking of that Jimi & Stevie touring would be very cool.
I'm totally with you on that, but surely we'd be reading threads about how "he's lost the fire" or "only got all those early props because he was in the right place at the right time" and--my favorite--"plenty of players today are better than him but never caught a break." :NUTS

angus

straticus

I hadn't seen that video before. Thanks for posting it!

I know this is an understatement but.....................jeeeeeeeeeeeze, he was amazing!

can we correct the thread title to "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"? nitpicking, I know ... just asking :hide

Awesome clip, thanks for posting it. I too hadn't seen that before ~ incredible stuff!

bluesjunior

I'm totally with you on that, but surely we'd be reading threads about how "he's lost the fire" or "only got all those early props because he was in the right place at the right time" and--my favorite--"plenty of players today are better than him but never caught a break." :NUTS

angus
Very true Angus. It is sad to see how so many on a guitar players forum are intolerent of other, especially succesful players.

moj067

Silver Supporting Member
What's killin is that he just makes it look so effortless, like he's breathing.
The guy was such a natural, thanks for the link.

HHB

I think your right, it's the same sequence of ideas if not specific licks. awesome find Jimi rules

Trending Topics