This looks interesting

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by C-4, May 17, 2011.

1. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later
    Some of us enjoy playing out all the time using only all tube amps, pedalboards, etc.
    However, there are those here who while enjoy using their higher end gear for specific work, also rely on some not so high end gear for other, less safe work environments, smaller stage setups, or simply convenience.

I just saw this today, after auditioning and being impressed over the weekend with a Vox VT120+. That amp really has improved greatly over the earlier Valvetronix amps.

This however looks even better and is due out sometime in June or July, as per Vox: Vox VTX 150 Pro Series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Main Features
    • VTX150 Neodymium features
    • Signal processing: A/D conversion: 24-bit D/A conversion: 24-bit
    • Valvetronix Pro Series – the perfect fusion of real tube tone and VOX modeling technology
    • Next-generation VOX Valve Reactor circuit features an EL84 Vacuum tube
    • 132 Expertly voiced presets
      • 44 Song Presets: spot-on recreations of the sounds used on classic tracks
      • 44 Basic Amp Model Presets: Valvetronix amp modeling at its robust finest
      • 44 Effected Amp Model Presets: created with chorus, flanger and tremolo effects
    • 44 Distinct amp models – the most in any Valvetronix amp
      • Accurate amp models encompass the entire VOX lineage from the traditional AC30 to the modern Night Train, plus an impressive list of other hard-to-come-by classics and rare hi-gain boutique models
    • 25 In-demand, top-quality effects
      • 11 Pedal-type effects
      • 11 Modulation (chorus, flanger, etc.)/Delay effects with Tap Tempo control
      • 3 Reverb styles
    • 8 User Programs for saving your custom settings (expandable to 16 using the VC12SV)
    • Manual mode relies on the physical knob settings of the amp section
    • Amp offers Gain, Volume, and Master Volume; EQ features Treble, Middle, and Bass
    • Unique Power Level control can limit the power amp output wattage, creating distinctive power amp distortion at any listening level
    • Built-in automatic guitar tuner
    • Power level control allows you to adjust the output wattage of the power amp
    • Celestion VOX NeoDog neodymium 12” speaker
      • Powerful neodymium magnets generate volume levels unimaginable from a compact 150W combo amp
    • Extension speaker output jack
      • Connect any speaker cabinet (150W / 8Ω) to obtain up to 300W of output power
    • Effects Loop for use with an external effects processor
    • AUX IN jack lets you connect your CD/MP3 player and enjoy jam sessions
    • Headphone output simulates the acoustic and spatial character of a full speaker cabinet
    • Optional VC-12SV foot controller (or VFS5) foot switch can control many of the VTX150 Neodymium's functions

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. oldschoolguy

oldschoolguy Member

Was there a wampum index? Was there a hint as to how much these might go for?

3. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later
    No. I have already contacted Vox, and several of their largest US delears.
    The dealers are not even allowed to pre-order them at this time.

I suspect that this amp will run about $650-$700 on the high side, but I'm guessing, of course. I could be way off on the high side, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then shocked by the actual price. I hope it's lower in price then I'm thinking it might be.

I've had the higher cost pedal board for similar Vox amps built years ago, but I would not even buy another one for this amp. The 5 button type footswitch will be plenty for me. I already use a volume pedal and wah, so I'm not going to order the larger one.

As for a suitable speaker as an extension speaker, I have a Marshall 1912 which happens to be 8 ohm and 150 watts, stock, so it will be the perfect 1x12 to add to this amp.

The site said it should be available in June or July. I believe this amp with the sampling it contains will really be a good beater amp to use without being too concerned about the actual tones it will have. The VT120+ was so improved over the earlier versions of the Valvetronix line that I was considering buying one of those until I saw this on the Vox site. Now, I will just wait it out.
    http://www.voxamps.com/uk/valvetronixpro/vtx150/