1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

This month's "The Working Guitarist" column

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by sinasl1, May 24, 2011.

1. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

Excellent, thanks.

On the 1-100 scale of skill/professional competence you're operating in the 90-100 range and I'm probably operating in the 10-30 range but those concepts apply across the board and are really important IME/IMO.

Jon

2. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

that's a great article - and while to some of us it is "no-brainer" type of stuff, i think it's all very informative and well written.

it cannot be said enough that musical skill is only HALF the gig -- the other half is whether people wanna be around you or not!

you're only onstage for a couple of hours....what about the other 22 hours of the day? are you someone that people like to hang with, go to dinner with, talk to, and be around?

being well prepared and ready for ANYTHING is important -- always having spares for all your gear - always being in TUNE - always being on TIME - and always knowing the material and not STEPPING on it when you don't know it as well as you should :YinYang

nice work Pete!

3. boldaslove1977

boldaslove1977 Silver Supporting Member

good stuff!

the guys i know that have done big time tours as sidemen... are some of the nicest people i've met in my guitar travels... i guess that's part of the reason they keep getting calls...