This red Tele gets around

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by myles111, Jan 19, 2006.

1. myles111

myles111 Member

This red Tele of mine seems to get around a lot.
    This is an 89 American Standard with a few tweeks.... Duncan pickups wound as to Roy Buchanan's late Tele, a few wiring tweeks, different tuners to add a bit more headstock mass, reshaped fretboard and a few other tweeks.
    The guitar was tweeked by David Neely at www.neelyguitars.com who built this for me about a decade and a half ago. David is a killer picker himself, from Nashville, but has been in L.A. for quite a few years. he is a killer guitar repair and restoration guy.
    The "sticker" on the guitar is Marlene. You can see more of her at www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/models-marlene-b.html She is a killer singer. This is her favorite guitar when she plays ... hence the sticker that was added at some point.
    [​IMG]
    This is Carl playing ... with his 64 Fender Twin Reverb.

[​IMG]
    This is John March - www.zenbluesmusic.com John is a killer player in his own right.

[​IMG]
    This is Maria ( http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/models-maria_g.html ) I don't know if folks even care that she does not play guitar :roll:

[​IMG]

And last is Patick ... from GT. This was prior to the Marlene sticker being placed on the guitar.

2. myles111

myles111 Member

This red Tele of mine seems to get around a lot.
    This is an 89 American Standard with a few tweeks.... Duncan pickups wound as to Roy Buchanan's late Tele, a few wiring tweeks, different tuners to add a bit more headstock mass, reshaped fretboard and a few other tweeks.
    The guitar was tweeked by David Neely at www.neelyguitars.com who built this for me about a decade and a half ago. David is a killer picker himself, from Nashville, but has been in L.A. for quite a few years. he is a killer guitar repair and restoration guy.
    The "sticker" on the guitar is Marlene. You can see more of her at www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/models-marlene-b.html She is a killer singer. This is her favorite guitar when she plays ... hence the sticker that was added at some point.
    [​IMG]
    This is Carl playing ... with his 64 Fender Twin Reverb.

[​IMG]
    This is John March - www.zenbluesmusic.com John is a killer player in his own right.

[​IMG]
    This is Maria ( http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/models-maria_g.html ) I don't know if folks even care that she does not play guitar :roll:

[​IMG]

And last is Patrick ... from GT. This was prior to the Marlene sticker being placed on the guitar.

3. spikeRI

spikeRI Member

my vote is for maria..............we are voting, right?

4. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

Myles, what kind of red finish is that?

It almost looks like a metal flake finish in some of the pics.

Pete

5. warren0728

warren0728 Member

give it back to maria...it looks much better with her

ww

6. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

My vote .. that Strat?? what is that Strat :D

7. myles111

myles111 Member

If we are voting keep in mind ....

The picture of Patrick was taken my me with my awful photo skills!

The pix of Carl was taken by Robert Farwell when I was working on Carl's amp.

The picture of Maria and John were taken by Implied Images ... and there are a lot more cool pix from him at:

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/Implied_Images.html He is the guy to hire when you want cool pix for your CD cover shot!

There is also a link to more of his stuff on the first page of the four pages I have on him.

Frank Murdock is to a camera as Carl Verheyen is to the guitar.

Myles

8. spikeRI

spikeRI Member

9. myles111

myles111 Member

That is Carl's Strat .... 56 or 57. For more info on that Strat hit his website at www.carlverheyen.com

10. myles111

myles111 Member

Pete,

It is a metallic candy red ... it is stock, and was a stock color that year for the American Standard Tele. The guitar had a white pickguard originally. I have the black one and a tortoise one. The tortoise one is rounted for a humbucker and it generally holds a Gretsch Filtertron in the neck position. When the Filtertron is there the little toggle switch on the volume/tone plate splits the coils on the Filtertron. With the Duncan single coil the switch does nothing.

11. myles111

myles111 Member

12. spikeRI

spikeRI Member

13. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Thank you for bringing Maria into our lives!

14. myles111

myles111 Member

You are quite welcome.