This Should Have Ended Bowie's Career

Tech21

Pretty Gross and vomit inducing, and considering there was also “dancing in the streets” video just to show that it wasn't a one-off.....
Those two song videos (I use those words in their widest sense) between them make even The Laughing Gnome sound like a solid classic.....

And just what the hell was Cher thinking when she had her hair done like Wendolene Ramsbottom from Wallace and Gromit's "A Close Shave"?

nowhere

Cher's hairstyle by Aerojet - Remember, when you need your do to act as both streamlining during ascent and an ablative heat-shield for reentry get Aerojet!

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
Pretty typical 70s variety show 'lite' appearance ... probably something his management set up to widen his audience and he is playing to the family show demographic .... wait this is the same guy that did Labyrinth??

JPF

And it's been applied to so many more celebrities than David Bowie. I can recall versions from my youth where it was claimed of Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Elton John, or Richard Gere in addition to Bowie.
Yep, and all variations were courtesy of pre-internet word of mouth dissemination, lol.

gonzoknife

1. Bowie's low points are better than most other artist's high points
2. I'm betting lots of cocaine was involved in that video shoot.
3. Everyone rags on Tin Machine. While not Bowie's best work I think it's still enjoyable.

Alan Dunn

I don't think anyone other than Bowie has made as many consistently high quality and generally well received albums over such a long period of time.
Moreover, he was always innovating throughout his career and never afraid to take a chance.

Balok

I grew up with 70s variety shows so this doesn't bother me. Their physical energy is contagious.
I would say that Bowie's career makes more sense when you remember what he said many times - that he's an actor playing a rock star. That allows him the freedom to jump genres without loss of credibility - assuming you believe him.
Space Oddity was one of the most brilliant singles I ever heard. His voice was incredible at that age. I think smoking took a heavy toll on it even by The Spiders FM records.

Balok

Cher's hairstyle was the same on that Elaine from Taxi got from Ted Danson's character when she was going to a ritzy Ball with the NY art set.

p.j.

but thankfully did not...cher is immune in matters of taste, and the arranger should have faced a firing squad...watch the entire thing if possible: the worst medley in HISTORY

I have seen this before. It is fun and tacky in that special 70's way that Sid and Marty Kroft shows were.
Gotta love the 70's!;)

Trending Topics