This Thursday at the Wunderbar Weite Welt in Eppstein, Germany: Josh Smith

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Seegs, May 11, 2015.

1. Seegs

Seegs Member

The David Grissom show was excellent and now I get to see Josh Smith on this coming Thursday...

This is my first time and I'm really looking forward to seeing Josh play!!!

2. Seegs

Seegs Member

Only one more day to wait...

I'm excited!!

3. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

Seegs, I've already told this story a million times.... but when I was a kid and just starting to play music my Mom read about this kid who was a couple years older than me playing locally. It was Josh Smith and the Rhino Cats. I think he was like 15-16 at the time. Saw him 2-3 times locally after that within the next year or two. Then maybe a year after that I went to see BB King and without knowing who the opening act was.... it was Josh Smith!

Cool to see him make it and also to see how his style has evolved over the years. He's an awesome musician. I've been watching those clips on youtube of him playing with Kirk Fletcher, JD Simo, and Joe Bonamasso the last two weeks... great stuff!!! Enjoy it.

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

Cool story YB...I agree and like his approach a lot...very smooth player...I saw that clip and have to say that the JD Simo slide solo brought the heat...that guy is also something else to watch...he just seems to have an extra gear that only a few have...