• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

This ^%*% year can stop anytime: RIP Billy Joe Shaver

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
No idea why I ever came across this back in the day. But I picked up this cd for some reason. Can't remember if it was soundtrack motivated or what? This song in particular, is out of my general wheelhouse by miles; but something about it really spoke to me the first time I heard. RIP Billy.

BJW

As said already, one of the real deal bona-fide songwriters. Lucky to have caught him a couple times over the years. Rest Easy Billy Joe.

KiddBilly

If it's any solace, he is most likely with Eddy now and all the country "outlaws" that went before him. And that sounds like a helluva reunion.

Billy was just the toughest. He went through so much loss in his life yet kept going. And if its any indication of his songwriting abilities, Waylon recorded a whole album of just his material I believe shortly after meeting him. That album was Honky Tonk Heroes. Probably the most influential country album of the seventies as it brought the outlaw country sound to a wider audience. Definitely helped kick start a movement

He was the best

Reactions: BJW

Billyzoom1

I heard about him only through, of all people, Norm MacDonald. Norm was a HUGE fan and talked him up constantly...even had him as a guest on his Netflix show. RIP.

Remember that disaster film 2012 that came out about a decade ago? They need to rename that dam movie 2020. God speed Billy Joe.

BJW

I Iove the stuff with Eddy, but man this song is just great. Whole album is good.

jomac

Sad news indeed. Live at Smiths Olde Bar is a must. Rest in peace Billy.
Thanks for all the amazing songs.

Reactions: BJW