• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Thomastik-Infeld bebop vs Pyramid round pure nickel

I was wondering if anyone has experience with both? I have used the Pyramid round wound pure nickel and I like them on my maple semi hollow. I just acquired an koa archtop and it is more on the thick side and not as bright. So I was wondering if the Thomastik-Infeld bebop'so were brighter. I use 10-46 pyramid, but I would get the 11-47 in the TI. I noticed the 4th & 5th strings are 26 & 34 (T.I) compared to 27 & 37 (pyramid ). So having those in a lighter Guage might benefit my hollowbody without sacrifice of loosing a thicker 1st and 2nd string, which I dig. Anyone have experience with the 2?

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
I find the Pyramids feel like stiff clutch cables and much prefer the Tomastiks-even the same gauge. Both sound great, but I find the Tomastiks feel better to me and the quality more consistant than the Pyramids.

I find the Pyramids feel like stiff clutch cables and much prefer the Tomastiks-even the same gauge. Both sound great, but I find the Tomastiks feel better to me and the quality more consistant than the Pyramids.
Thanks for the reply. Which out of the 2 had more clarity?

deadlands

I've used both TI's and Pyramid Nickel's. I thought the Pyramids were a bit brighter and only slightly clearer. I switched over to Newtone Electric Masters. They have a bit more oomph and are a little cheaper.

I'm a big TI user. Been using them for many, many years on all my guitars. I've tried the Pyramdid nickels on a couple guitars, gave it some time, but to me the TIs are better. As stated above, the Pyramids feel much stiffer. And to my ears, the Pyramids lack a little life. Recently I've begun using the TI Blues Sliders rather than the BeBops. Both are great. I'd definitely give a set of TIs a go.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom